1 ghz dead pixels and other issues...

brandonwalsh420

Still Fresh
i need to rma my unit, it has dead pixels in the bottom right hand corner... another issue i been having is getting some of the apps to boot up, they just flash then crash... since i got it i havent been able to get mupen64 to play any roms, the few times i got mupen to boot up it wouldnt load the roms?... snes9x4p was working fine but now it crashes... same thing with battlejewels, it boots, but closes whenever i try to select something from the main menu...

i have a return form filled out and ill be sending it in soon but the issue with the apps im having is really frustrating and i would appeciate any advice you can give me...

thanks ed,

brandon

ED, there is too much bad flash from the factory. Use SanDisk cards.

There's some other threads like this one, where the unit has to be flashed right after unboxing.

You can gently massage the spot with your thumb where the dead pixels are and they may come good.

I have used this method on my LCD pc screens and have had some success but you do it at your own risk.

As for apps not loading, try unmounting and then mounting the card when it is in the pandora.

Open the file manager, select the SD card you have your apps on, right click and select unmount, remove card from pandora wait 5 seconds then put the card back in.

If that gives you no luck.

Put the sd card in to a windows machine, right click on it, properties, then tools and check it for errors and make sure auto fix errors is checked.

Mupen is a bit fussy about the roms it will recognize, i was in the same situation as you until i worked it out.

Either you ended up with a bad dump or you may have to borrow some from someone else to try.

i reflashed and no luck... then i checked it for errors on my windows machine... it said it fixed some and moved them to a "found" folder... plugged the sd card back in and still no luck on any of the apps i was having issues with...

If Windows created a FOUND-Folder, it means the SD Card had errors.

It might very well be that the PNDs on the SD Card are defective as well.

Secure anything important that's still on the card, use the SDFormatter (search on google for it) to fully reformat the card and recopy the PNDs onto it.

card is a kingston 32gb class 10 (red label)... ill try erasing and reformating the card... theres nothing real important i cant download again on it... maybe i need a different/more compatable sd card?

Your card seems to work formatted as fat32, but not other filesystems.

So it should be ok to use it to put .pnd on it, videos, music, etc.

But you can't install an OS on it, so you have to boot on the NAND (the internal memory).

As ED said, before buying anything, format it with the official SD formatter:

http://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Then test it, but don't put anything important on it until you're sure the card is ok.

If you want to put some OS on SD, so i recommend the SanDisk Extreme (not Extreme Pro, and not Ultra).

Of course other cards work fine, but those are the best i've tested.

The pretec cards available from ED and Link seem to work well, i have 2 x 64gig and have not had many errors at all.

One thing i have noticed is if you do have errors on your SD card, most things you download with firefox on the Pandora will not complete properly.

Sorry for butting in on this thread, i didn't realise it was the ask ed section, i came straight from the link on the stalker.

Thanks for opening my eyes :D .

It's not the first time i don't see it's this section too ^^.

i got the apps loading again but mupen still wont load the roms... no crashing but the screen goes black and just stays that way until i force a shutdown... any ideas?

Just for clarification: You didn't buy a Pandora under the assumption that every n64 game will work flawlessly, did you?

Also, sometimes the roms, if they are zipped and downloaded from *somewhere* have other files like txt and such besides the actual rom in the zipfile. Try to delete those from the zipfile and try again. Also try with unzipped roms.

Hmm... interesting. Thanks for letting me know. I'll check what happened there.

Maybe they stopped while running the first boot wizard for the first time for some reason.

Back