100 Hand Painted Special Edition Pandoras

My guess would be around US $1500 (shipping inclusive)?
pandora2ut4pink.gif

Gruso said:
Please post sources for threads like this, or it just looks like you're babbling random crap. :)

http://twitter.com/C...ses/13468507297

Twitter usually is random crap :lol:

I wonder if they'll go with some of those dream-concept case designs... I'd totally buy one that looks like a ZX, or heck an NES-esque look for that matter.

--edited-- (cause I don't want to post below this post)

Last edited by a moderator:
And who would paint them? who is gonna make the designs? Not a bad idea, specially not a bad idea to raise more funds after all the work the OPT have been trough.

I think a great artist to do this kind of work would be this awesome lady from Spain (yes, Spain).

SONY said:
A select few of the GP2X.com forum community will be responsible to putting paint on Pandora.

There will be a poll to see who the best artists are.

When? How? Who said that? :eek:

SONY said:
A select few of the GP2X.com forum community will be responsible to putting paint on Pandora.

There will be a poll to see who the best artists are.
You really should provide a source with that post or it just looks like you're babbling crap.

Oh wait, you are. :D

If they were GP32X members though, who would we nominate? Asmo, traylorpark, Mr Gonzo, Clean3D come to mind... I know there's plenty of other talent here too. Maybe torpor could silver plate one. ^_^

Although the price can't be that high...

I think the price would vary either according to the artist, if the artist is just a forum user I doubt there will be anyone willing to pay 1,500 USD for a Pandora.

Cuetzpalin said:
Although the price can't be that high...

I think the price would vary either according to the artist, if the artist is just a forum user I doubt there will be anyone willing to pay 1,500 USD for a Pandora.

Doubt no more, my friend.

@ Exo

:p

We will just be using a local artist, I might even make some stencils myself.

These units will be collectors items to celebrate the launch of the Pandora. We decided it was something we should do (as many other consoles have done too).

We will keep a list of who bought them, sign them, and put a custom ID sticker inside the unit to show it's a real special edition model.

There will probably be 5 designs, so 20 of each design will be made, making the units even rarer.

The money raised will go to our assembly costs in the UK (food, accommodation, equipment, flights etc.)

We have not decided on a price yet, but it won't be $1500 that's for sure!

community design project!!!!! design customs stencils!!!!

craigix said:
We will just be using a local artist, I might even make some stencils myself.

These units will be collectors items to celebrate the launch of the Pandora. We decided it was something we should do (as many other consoles have done too).

We will keep a list of who bought them, sign them, and put a custom ID sticker inside the unit to show it's a real special edition model.

There will probably be 5 designs, so 20 of each design will be made, making the units even rarer.

The money raised will go to our assembly costs in the UK (food, accommodation, equipment, flights etc.)

We have not decided on a price yet, but it won't be $1500 that's for sure!

I was toying with idea of just sending some extra money over to your team to help with the cost overruns you have suffered. I feel this project is very personal & it concerns me that my order is "Below costs."

Buying a custom Pandora would be even better, as I would of course get a nice collectors item, and also know that it helps with the finances for team OP. Win-Win.

So I say, it's a very good idea! Go for it. :)

Gruso said:
If they were GP32X members though, who would we nominate? Asmo, traylorpark, Mr Gonzo, Clean3D come to mind... I know there's plenty of other talent here too. Maybe torpor could silver plate one. ^_^

I paint with a hammer. Is that okay?

hang on a minute!

800MHZ pandora?????????

You either used a different CPU or you overlocked it to 800MHZ - remember the last lot of flaming this caused!

This sounds ok, but if these 100 arrive ahead of the others its not fair

now if its an issue with funding the devs - then surely a call to arms can be made, where i am sure most of us would contribute some more or use dev fund

This may have sounded like a good idea - but it conflicts somewhat with previous comments (WHATS YOUR ORDER NO!) over 800MHz overclocking

I want one, but I'm #181 and probably can't afford one. Oh well.   
dry.gif

Edit:

RajTakhar said:
hang on a minute!

800MHZ pandora?????????

You either used a different CPU or you overlocked it to 800MHZ - remember the last lot of flaming this caused!

This sounds ok, but if these 100 arrive ahead of the others its not fair

now if its an issue with funding the devs - then surely a call to arms can be made, where i am sure most of us would contribute some more or use dev fund

This may have sounded like a good idea - but it conflicts somewhat with previous comments (WHATS YOUR ORDER NO!) over 800MHz overclocking

that argument was about overvolting. this is different.

Attachments

• dry.gif
    dry.gif
    696 bytes · Views: 101
Back