15% Off Some Handy Pandora Accessories

gadgetoid

Staff member
Website
pinout.xyz
I know it's a stretch to make this topical, but I thought you guys would enjoy the 15% off voucher I've managed to secure from Proporta. Details here: http://www.gadgetoid.com/2010/04/01/get-15-off-at-proportacom-until-15th-april/

Most of their stuff isn't exactly Pandora specific, but I can wholly recommend their Turbocharger 3400: http://www.gadgetoid.com/2009/11/11/proporta-usb-turbocharger-3400-review/

Why? Well, it'll power a USB hub on the go. I've used it to drive a USB mouse/keyboard combination hooked up to a USB hub, hooked up to my Nokia N810.

Anyway, enough of the forumvertisements, enjoy a positive thread for a change!

Meh! Worth a try. I've got to use my Gadgetoid forum account for something... when I registered it, I'd forgotten that I had an account from 2005. *Facepalm*

Anyway, I think there's a fine line I haven't crossed. It's not outright advertising, but a discount code for some (admittedly vaguely) Pandora related accessories. I think it's worth it, particularly as we're so close to launch. I'm not going to lose any sleep if the thread gets deleted. Shame they don't sell large capacity SD cards really.

15% ain't bad, maybe handy for someone so personally I don't mind he mentioning it here...

WoD said:
Shame they don't sell large capacity SD cards really.
There is a 16 GB class 6 SD card in EvilDragons shop for 36 euros, last time I checked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, normally I'm against advertising within forums of any kind, but I think you've actually hit on something worthwhile. Especially that Turbocharger USB hub, I'll have to check it out.

Vlynndar said:
WoD said:
Shame they don't sell large capacity SD cards really.
There is a 16 GB class 6 SD card in EvilDragons shop for 36 euros, last time I checked.

That's not bad at all. I really want to get my hands on some lovely 32GB ones, shame the "recession" has put a halt on their otherwise steady price decrease. I guess I should suck it up, as I still remember paying £60 for 512mb... ouch!

The TurboChargers are pretty handy, I used to carry two of them around before I got an army of spare batteries for my devices instead. They're much better at powering an external USB hub than charging a dead device- as I'm sure everyone knows, the latter will stay dead when connected to anything less than a wall outlet.

I'll definitely be doing some testing when I get my Pandora, if it can power a couple of game controllers connected via USB then we're onto something, not to mention a wired mouse/keyboard combo. Of course, bluetooth PS3 controllers, mice and keyboards make it a little redundant, but it might also be handy for other things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for letting us know about this promotion, gadgetoid. I've had the gadget bag in my "want" bookmarks for a while now, and it seems like now is the right time to buy.

I picked up the bag, a battery charger, and a few other things that seemed useful for my other gadgets and saved about $20 off the whole order thanks to the coupon code and some sales they've got going. Looks like I'll have to wait for the bag and battery charger though... they're both out of stock at the moment.

I love the Gadget bags, but they're too ugly not to use to compartmentalise a bigger bag (I think I said as much in my reviews). I tend to keep sets of things in them, like all the gear needed to record video from games consoles/handhelds, or a selection of audio equipment/microphones. I use their laptop bag on a daily basis, though, to ferry my laptop to and from work.

Glad to hear it was useful for you. It's a shame that they seem to have a habit of going out of stock. I shall have to give 'em a prod about that.

Back