1Ghz Pandora owners buy-delivery dates

dibad0011

Still Fresh
Hi, just wanted to ask 1Ghz pandora owners how much time passed between their date of purchase and their shipping confirmation e-mail. This might help in giving people an idea of how much time to wait for newly bought pandoras. Thanks

Really? After some weeks of wait? There are a lot of news about the ghz Pandora production and ed thinks he will have them in stock next week. So this is not really needed imho.

Sorry, don't mean to be rude.

Last edited by a moderator:
as mcobit ponted out, EDs posts are a better way to estimate time. I ordered mine the day after it was announced (upgraded 2008 preorder) and got mine last saturday. Took almost 2 weeks to ship via airmail to USA but that was mostly USPS taking it's time...

I still have to post the letter i got, on the back of it - it looks like craig has an unfinished game of hangman written out :)

It's that wait that kills you lol. Unlike a traditional pre-order you kinda expected to have it by now (I really understand why not). So its oh so close.

I have about 10 qemu images just waiting to be used :D . Hell, im putting off playing wesnoth so I can play it on here.

Just gotta be patient, it looks like its worth the wait!

You can Play the Qemu Images on Android too,there is Qemu for Android.

And naturaly for PCs too ^_^

And i wait in the Moment for an Email Answer too,i will bye the 1GZ Pandora :)

It's that wait that kills you lol. Unlike a traditional pre-order you kinda expected to have it by now (I really understand why not). So its oh so close.

I know what you mean, when I preordered I knew it would be ages and possible never, when I upgraded to a 1GHz I thought it would be under 2 months, it's already now closer to three. It's the constant feeling that it's only a few days away that gets to me, especially as I am #60 and Craig has had 60 to send out but, just when I was getting really excited, I found out that some folk ahead of me had ordered more than one :(

Anyway, I reckon it's only 2 WeeksTM to go now :p

I know what you mean, when I preordered I knew it would be ages and possible never, when I upgraded to a 1GHz I thought it would be under 2 months, it's already now closer to three. It's the constant feeling that it's only a few days away that gets to me, especially as I am #60 and Craig has had 60 to send out but, just when I was getting really excited, I found out that some folk ahead of me had ordered more than one :(

Anyway, I reckon it's only 2 WeeksTM to go now :p

Indeed. I had made a joke with my order hopefully it would not be Two Months TM. ... I think I jinxed myself. :(

Im No 57 no email or anything, craig did say ages ago I was next to ship, I guess it might just come without an email.....

As the post read:

DeeJay, on 20 August 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

Still not email! gosh its killing me now the wait, is No 50 the most recent for the 1 Ghz? im No 57.... must be soon .......

I think you're literally the next one to ship. (Craig)

1GHz-163 here :p Ordered 2.5 weeks ago, but it's a cool project I've been watching for years.

Im No 57 no email or anything, craig did say ages ago I was next to ship, I guess it might just come without an email.....

Let us know when you get yours ;)

ok. So on average It would be like a 2 month wait between purchasing and getting the e-mail? when I wrote the first post I simply wanted to ask people who recently got their 1Ghz Pandoras how much time passed between their payment and the email confirmation. (I didn't ask about production (I know things are going fine now) ; I wasn't harrasing Evildragon nor I wasn't asking about shipping dates as some community members have replied to my humble enquiry). So what I expect (if may be possible) is for example people who say something like 'I got queue #35,I payed my 1Ghz pandora on july 4th and I got the email on july 29th'. While I'm very excited on getting the Pandora I'm not being impatient here ( I just payed my Pandora 2 weeks ago) nor harrasing production. We all know the more we wait the better software/updates we'll get when our pandoras arrives.

Thanks everyone on the community you guys are all very cool.

Indeed. I had made a joke with my order hopefully it would not be Two Months TM. ... I think I jinxed myself. :(

Ha! I made exactly the same joke in my e-mail when I ordered :lol:

You should be virtually the next one to ship (I think Archimark is #55 and hasn't had his yet) but as I understand it only 60 have arrived at Craig's for distribution and some people have ordered more than one (some even ordered three) so the 60 wouldn't have cleared 60 queue positions.

Production of the next load seemed pretty slow anyway but then they had problems at GC where one of the production guys was seriously ill while the two others were on leave. That effectively stopped production again, Ed has posted that he should get another batch of 1GHz ones next week so I guess Craig will be shipping again the following week, that makes Two WeeksTM :rolleyes: .....maybe :p

You should be virtually the next one to ship (I think Archimark is #55 and hasn't had his yet) but as I understand it only 60 have arrived at Craig's for distribution and some people have ordered more than one (some even ordered three) so the 60 wouldn't have cleared 60 queue positions.

Production of the next load seemed pretty slow anyway but then they had problems at GC where one of the production guys was seriously ill while the two others were on leave. That effectively stopped production again, Ed has posted that he should get another batch of 1GHz ones next week so I guess Craig will be shipping again the following week, that makes Two WeeksTM :rolleyes: .....maybe :p

Two Two WeeksTM Maybe... heh :D

Got mine on august the 28th and upgraded on the 3rd.

My SD card is a bit too small to put everything I want on it. Gotta buy a 32 or 64Go one.

I have some trouble to get UAE4ALL working. It'll have to wait, not enough time to find right now.

I agree with mcobit's sentiment... imho if anyone deserves a waiting thread it's the preorders (don't think they have one here, do they?). In any case we should close this thread, the tracking isn't really something that's needed for what is a comparatively lightning turnaround.

I'm a 1Ghz customer, and I haven't even looked at when I got my order number, I don't care... I want the loose ends of the past to be tied up first before celebrating the success of the present.

I agree with mcobit's sentiment... imho if anyone deserves a waiting thread it's the preorders (don't think they have one here, do they?). In any case we should close this thread, the tracking isn't really something that's needed for what is a comparatively lightning turnaround.

I'm a 1Ghz customer, and I haven't even looked at when I got my order number, I don't care... I want the loose ends of the past to be tied up first before celebrating the success of the present.

It's all relative and about managing expectations. I mean im an original pre-orderer so I understand what waiting is, when I first read about the 150 test run it was hinted that if you ordered one, you'd get your unit "very quickly" especially compared to pre-order queue. Like it's been mentioned several times over the board. When the wait can be measured in days rather than months or years, the wait becomes unbearable, especially when the first 1ghz units were recieved by some people apparently weeks ago now and some still waiting. So yeah, after expecting it my unit weeks ago, it's become a slog.

The only reason im still perky about the whole thing is simply cos I still cannot bloody wait lol. But don't dismiss those of us that are still waiting for this for reasons above :)

But don't dismiss those of us that are still waiting for this for reasons above :)

Kudos to being an original pre-orderer, and I am sorry but to me it seems ridiculous and unfortunately typical human behavior. It completely misses the recurring theme of how tragically small in size this project is... One of the GC production workers got sick, and that delayed production! (Granted, two others were on vacation, but still!)

I'm on board with what you're saying about the relative expectations, but it's obvious to see that you pre-orderers didn't sign on expecting to see four years go by. I wouldn't imagine that to be bearable, myself. 1 GHz may expect weeks based upon the posts -- but what timeframe have we been guaranteed? Even if we were guaranteed a certain number of days, what would the postings here tell us if the ebb and flow of production is still fragile?

For what it's worth, I ordered my 1Ghz on 02.07.2012 with EDs shop and got an intermittent (not definitive) shipping info on 19.07.2012. Arrival was 13.08.2012. Less than Two Months!

(My unchanged original preorder from 2009 or so, I have to take a look, is still mist. I'm glad I have something to play with at last, and I feel with you who don't have that solace. It was painful years.)

For what it's worth, I ordered my 1Ghz on 02.07.2012 with EDs shop and got an intermittent (not definitive) shipping info on 19.07.2012. Arrival was 13.08.2012. Less than Two Months!

(My unchanged original preorder from 2009 or so, I have to take a look, is still mist. I'm glad I have something to play with at last, and I feel with you who don't have that solace. It was painful years.)

That sounds great... but...

I and a buddy of mine upgraded our original orders to 1GHz versions through Craigs shop and got confirmation for our payment on 21/06/2012, which is now more than two months.

Still we are without a Pandora and have not received a shipping e-mail either...

Yup, ol' ArchiMark here....I'm #55 in Craig's queue and as of this post, no email........ :(

Hopefully, soon...... :p

Back