1ghz unit with left nub issues

liveunderwater

熱いソース
I just upgraded my Rebirth to a 1ghz mainly because there were dead pixels and the right nub would stop sending data on one or more axis after about 20 seconds of use.

On top of the upgrade price I also paid $140 in shipping from US to Germany and then got hit with an $80 customs fee on the way back in.

Only to find out that my original case is now warped, and the left nub loses data on one or more axis after about 20 seconds of use.

I use the left nub, a lot.  I have to use my other Pandora (Rebirth) rather than my new upgrade that I spent way too much money on.  

Link doesn't do nub repair in the states.

Anyone have suggestions on either a nub fix that I can do myself or a way to ship from the States to Germany that doesn't cost ~$200!

You can use it just fine and then suddenly one axis stops working? And a reset fixes it, or is it permanently broken?

What happens if you make large circles with it? Does it eventually recover, or does it continue to only work in one direction? There's a "Pandora Input Tester" in the System menu, what does the nub motion look like when you use that?

A cheap fix that has worked before (but probably won't work in this case but is easy to try) is to just get yourself a cheap can of compressed air and shoot it into the nub while moving it, try to clean out any dust that may have gotten inside it.

If at all possible, I'd contest that customs fee though. This wasn't a new purchase. At worst, the fee should be based on the upgrade price: you are exporting one product in exchange for another, 57% customs fee is quite ridiculous (sorry Brazil)

When I sent my Pandora back for repair, I had to pay $350.00 for shipping and customs fees.  Since I shipped it Fedex and it came back through a different carrier, my claim to get the customs fee back was denied.  They said they could not verify it was a legitimate warranty shipment.  I was told by my Fedex rep that customs can and will do anything they want and there is very little you can do about it.

Reset fixes it.  But after 20 seconds of use it goes back to not being able to get a max value in one direction.  I noticed on the Rebirth that I sent out with this problem that resetting showed the axis area affected changed.  Still barely registering any value at all in one extreme however. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so we're all talking the same language, what does "one axis" mean. Either up-down or left-right, OR any one direction, up or down or left or right (and the other three are all fine)?

Up-down or left-right.  Has always been up-down for me.  Up on the Rebirth, down on the 1ghz.  Yes, I get good max values in the input tester at other extremes.  I'll try duster when I get a new can, mine doesn't have the top as I use it with an adapter for my Airsoft  Colt M1911A.

I did try dusting the Rebirth when this can was in standby and saw no changes.

Also, I suppose I should mention having the same problem on my first Rebirth Pandora that Link repaired or swapped boards or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
As for shipping:

When I sent mine back (once to UK and twice to Germany) I used one of the US Post Office Priority Mail International Flat Rate boxes.

Put the information below on the customs label (and all over the box) as this avoids having to pay custom fees. 

"Returned under warranty for repair CPC 5100001"

I've noticed a similar problem with my 1 gig unit which I had upgraded from a CC model. the range of detected movement from the left nub is not equal in all directions. For me, it's down-right is the main direction that isn't working properly, using the Pandora nub tester, it sems to show a diagonal range of movent in that quadrant instead of a curve. I've tried using compressed air, but that doesn't seem to rectify matters. On a vaguely related note, what does it mean when after moving the nubs around for a while, the input range numbers change to yellow from white?

Back