1GHz Useability

jabz

Now that I have a 1GHz unit with latest O/S software, I want to know if some issues are resolved from when I had a CC unit which I sold in April.

Some questions are about the 1GHz unit only.

1. Can wifi be used in Minimenu now?

2. I still get the "Enter password for default keyring to unlock" when

switching to Xfce, is there a fix for this?

3. Does Pnd Manager work in Minimenu with wifi?

4. Sometimes in Xfce the left nub slows in one direction. A reboot fixes, is this a known issue?

5. Do the nubs behave in filemanagers? On my CC unit eventually you'd loose left click ability, esp in Thunar.

6. When I first turned on the unit and went through initial setup the CPU profiles settings are all at OPP5 except for last 600MHz option.

I'm currently at 1GHz OPP5.

I'd like to change to OPP3 1GHz i.e. no overvolting. Is this possible how?

Can I overclock to 1.2GHz at OPP5?

7. When I push the power button to put into standby, I assume this is a better sleep mode than the CC unit I had?

With the CC I just used to shutdown due to the battery drain.

8. Do I still need to install the community codec pack?

9. Should I still perform the nub dance during full bootup?

10. Is Pndstore defunct? I am using my 2 x 32GB sdcards from CC unit I haven't touched the installed progs and roms since April.

When I started Pndmanager it only offered 2 Pnd's to upgrade.

When I started Pndstore it offered 13 needing upgrade.

Thanks thats all for now :)

Just got hold of a giga unit, I can't answer all but points 4 & 5 are definitely present in mine. In Thunar, if you use anything else than the touchscreen, you eventually loose the left click after a short time.

Last edited by a moderator:
4- just move the nub in circles to autocalibrate it

5- it's a bug in thunar when the files/folders are displayed as a list

6- 1GHz units do OPP3 and OPP4, not OPP5. Yes you can OPP3 1GHz, it's in settings menu->cpu settings.

To bench you CPU:

http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php/topic/10086-cpu-stress-test/?p=187432

7- it's the same. Did you upgraded your CC firmware to super zaxxon (february) ?

8- seems yes

9- depends

10- should work

6- 1GHz units do OPP3 and OPP4, not OPP5. Yes you can OPP3 1GHz, it's in settings menu->cpu settings.

I've only got the following profiles no 1GHz OPP3 profile.

How can I customize this list and add it?

Would like to add others too i.e. 1.2GHz OPP5 

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356845152.389038.jpg

I'm really interested in an answer to 1 & 2 it's a PITA to have to change gui to Xfce to install PND's.

Does issue 2. prevent wifi from working in minimenu? I only see that dialog box when changing to Xfce.  I boot into minimenu as default.

Try setting the max OPP level to 3 then set the clock speed to 1Ghz.

For Wifi you can esablish a wifi connection in XFCE and then change to minimenu. I've personally never had the keyring issue.. sounds like some config got corrupted. outside of reflashing not sure how to fix that.

Sorry for the ignorance, but i'm awaiting one 1Ghz unit and here are some concepts that I never seen before.

What meens OPP3 or OPP5? What's the difference?

What is that nub dance during boot all people is talking about?

1. Wifi could always be used in minimenu, it just required that you set it up first in XFCE and then minimenu would autoconnect. This has not changed, unfortunately.

2. That seems like standard behaviour when you have a keyring password. If you don't want a password then delete the keyring and don't enter one when it asks to create one.

3. Yes

4. As mentioned, this is an auto-calibration issue. It seems to happen a lot more on my 1Ghz machine than it ever did on my original unit but there could be a lot of reasons for that. Simple fix is to just make circles for a couple seconds. An annoying "feature" but it's part of the nub design itself and nothing we can control.

5. It looks like there was a recent update that may have solved the problem. Go to the System menu and choose "Upgrade Pandora OS" and it should download the patches automatically. Give that a try and see if the problem is fixed.

9. No, it was never actually required, we now know. The calibration can be corrected at any time.

10. You need to tell PND Manager to refresh the repository, there's a button in the lower right corner. It should tell you everything that needs updating then.

What is that nub dance during boot all people is talking about?
The nubs have built in auto-calibration. Sometimes this calibration gets messed up and it was found that by moving the nub in all directions shortly after reboot would fix it, at least for a while. This was called the "magic nub dance". It has since been established that it doesn't really matter when you do it: if the calibration starts to slide to one direction or the other you just make circles until it is back to normal.

I'm going through some of the same questions at the moment.

I'd appreciate some extra info on #2

I'd like to prevent a password prompt being shown on wifi activation. Where exactly is the keyring located and how do I delete it?

Back