1TB microSDXC card

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I can finally have all my pr0n in one tiny card, which I will then put in my wallet :D

Just kidding, when the prices eventually go down (sometime next year, maybe?) to a reasonable price, I'm gonna get one and actually use it for my Nintendo Switch :)

gsmarena_001.jpg

https://m.gsmarena.com/sandisk_and_micron_deliver_worlds_first_1tb_microsd_cards-news-35704.php

I can get 3 x 512 GB microSD cards to fit all three slots of pyra and still save some money over 1 TB card.

I never buy the largest size, one down is usually the size I go with. Sometimes though two cards half the size are the same price as the new biggest size, or a few dollars less is all. This time, at least the date I'm writing this, that is not the case.

It blows my mind that they are this large though, I think 32 GB was the largest when the Pandora came out wasn't it? I remember soon after I got my Pandora 64GB cards were just coming out.

It blows my mind that they are this large though, I think 32 GB was the largest when the Pandora came out wasn't it? I remember soon after I got my Pandora 64GB cards were just coming out.

I bought some 32GB SD-Cards as I got my Pandora. There's always need for such large cards, right?;)
And I was so proud as I had my 64GB cards.
Also the insane 128GB card I got later. It was so amazing.

Now I realize that it was nothing and I have no use for those cards any more :p
The 400GB cards will last a while now I hope.
70€ each is still half the price of a single 512GB card right now.

I bought some 32GB SD-Cards as I got my Pandora. There's always need for such large cards, right?;)
And I was so proud as I had my 64GB cards.
Also the insane 128GB card I got later. It was so amazing.

Now I realize that it was nothing and I have no use for those cards any more :p
The 400GB cards will last a while now I hope.
70€ each is still half the price of a single 512GB card right now.
I'm still using 128GB cards for everything, mainly in my GoPro. 128GB is a lot of data for me, I'm sure if I had my Pyra I'd go bigger but for everything I use right now that is a lot of space.

I can get 3 x 512 GB microSD cards to fit all three slots of pyra and still save some money over 1 TB card.
Yeah, although two of the Pyras slots are full sized SD cards. You could use 3 x 512GB μSD with x2 transflash adaptors, but for a little more money you could get 2x full sized SD cards of the appropriate capacity and in they tend to be rated a little faster, which is normally good to have.

Hi,

Can someone help me find a reasonably priced, genuine (not fake) 1TB microSDXC card (doesn't have to have super fast read/write speeds) from a reputable online retailer?
I've looked on Amazon (the one I found is over AU $400, shipped) with no luck in finding a reasonably priced genuine card :(

There is none.
350-400€ is the price for 1TB micro SD.
Full size SD are cheaper.
Lexar has one for 299€.
But that's by far the cheapest 1TB SD-card you can get.
They still are very expensive.

I wonder if we've finally got to the point where 512GB is just too much space for most people to fill on a mobile phone or what have you. I dunno I periodically run out of space on my 1TB hard disc in my video server, and need to offload stuff onto my 3TB backup disc, but that's mainly stuff downloaded of t'iplayer, and would probably take me a couple of months to actually watch and listen to. On a mobile in my pocket, I arguably wouldn't need so much stuff.

Well, whatever it is, prices are taking longer than ever to come down to affordable levels. Probably actually it's the limits of the technology; cards normally start to drop once the next biggest card or two comes along. Since the Pyra was announced, I think we've only gone from 500GB to 1TB, even for the larger plain SD cards, which is odd given the extra physical space those allow. If it were all a simple matter of density and space allowed, a big SD card should be able to store about 4 times that in a microSD.

I still remember the days when I thought 1GB of storage was more than I would ever need.

To some extent, that still holds true.

Plus, with the big companies all touting "the cloud" to store your photos and videos, they're competing for space in the market, and I think fewer may be buying SD cards than before (especially with some modern phones and tablets now lacking slots)

I think its because companies want to make big profit first before lowering the price.
And by far less people will buy the 1TB card than let's say the 128GB card.
And there is no high demand and not much competition.
It's the same with the Nvidia GPUs. They could release a better model, but why should they as long as they are better than everyone else?

I agree that it has something to do with the fact that SDXC's theoretical maximum capacity is 2TB. We're getting close to the limit :(
No, we don't. SDUC is already the new standard for up to 128TB of data :Link

Well, whatever it is, prices are taking longer than ever to come down to affordable levels. Probably actually it's the limits of the technology; cards normally start to drop once the next biggest card or two comes along. Since the Pyra was announced, I think we've only gone from 500GB to 1TB, even for the larger plain SD cards, which is odd given the extra physical space those allow. If it were all a simple matter of density and space allowed, a big SD card should be able to store about 4 times that in a microSD.

What bothers me more is that we only get 4TB of SSDs for an even higher price.
If we account the physical space they offer in a 2,5'' housing, then we could easily get huge amount of storage.
Of course speed would suffer, but as a second drive for my laptop I'd love to have a cheaper 4TB SSD with somewhat lover speeds.

Back