GP32 2 things to go until game release

StudioX64

Still Fresh
Website
www.studiox64.com
Many thanks out to everyone for all of their great help, this forum has been a god send! - I have 2 problem bits of code to figure out and my game is finally ready for release.

1. I need some code to return my palette back to the GP32 default, after making changes to it. Changes were made using the following code snippet:

h_pal = GpPaletteCreate(256, (GP_PALETTEENTRY*)stxlogo_Pal);
GpPaletteSelect(h_pal);
GpPaletteRealize();
GpPaletteDelete(h_pal);
h_pal = NULL;

2. I need my timer count to run on 1 second intervalls. I am creating a timer using the following code, however when I run it on the GP32 it never quite matches up real time 1 seconds = 1 second etc:

if(GPOS_ERR_ALREADY_USED == GpTimerOptSet(0,6,100,UpdateTimer0)) GpTimerKill(0);
GpTimerSet(0);

My timer interrupt code simply subtracts 1 from the second count each int. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i think GpPaletteSelect returns the previous palette handle much like GDI cr@p in win32
just keep hold of this handle for later when you want to switch back
something like...
Code:
GP_HPALETTE h_pal = GpPaletteCreate(256, (GP_PALETTEENTRY*)stxlogo_Pal);
GP_HPALETTE h_oldpal = GpPaletteSelect(h_pal);
GpPaletteRealize();
GpPaletteDelete(h_pal);
h_pal = NULL;
[ do a load of cr@p! ]
GpPaletteSelect(h_oldpal);
GpPaletteRealize();
i haven't done anything with timers yet ... but looking at the docs it looks like it should be...
Code:
if(GPOS_ERR_ALREADY_USED == GpTimerOptSet(0,1,0,UpdateTimer0)) GpTimerKill(0);
GpTimerSet(0);
let me know how you get on ... hope it's not all bollocks! :lol:

Well I hope the palette thing works cos I have no idea how to do that :) For the timer, you could use GpTickCountGet and mod it with whatever, I think 1000, and if GpTickCountGet % 1000 == 0 then a second has passed exactly.

- Rico

Thanks for the code both of you. Feeblez the palette code worked a treat :) - Rico although I didn't use the %1000 I did take your advice and switched to using GpTickCountGet. I just read the time at the start of each level and store, then compare the current tick time - previous read and when >= 1000 I update my second count. Appears to be working fine now. Have to finish testing game over the next couple of hours but hopefully will upload it somewhere this afternoon :) fingers crossed. Thanks peeps!

Cool :) Haven't tried it, I will shortly.

As for the % 1000, it does the exact same thing, but I don't suppose you care anymore :)

Back