2010 Pandora Angst Coding Competition

Iorgy77

emu parasite kid
Website
Visit site

If you havent already heard there is a community coding competition currently running for gp32, gp2x, wiz and dingoo/dingux.
Entries are open to any kind of software for or supporting the above platforms and deadline is the 29th of March 2010.
We are still asking for community involvement in the form of volunteers to judge the entries, donations to the prize pool, artwork and translation of the main page, please contact us on codingcompetition@gmail.com if you can help or for more information and check out our webpage at http://webpoint-servers.com/pacc/

Prize pool currently stands at over $1000AUD / €€661 / $900USD / £581

Can someone submit more than one entries? (especially if each of them is for a different system?)

Porting something I did from an older system to another does it count? (Without substantial changes)

i hope i can get a game finished till the end of march - my fulltime job is distracting me :D

i'm curious, who is working on something for this competition? and what? must not be too specific, just game/app/emu whatever :)

I may enter a game, although time is always so sparse. Maybe I'll reserve 2:30-3:00am every night from now until March 28 for working on this, could be a fun experiment :D

I've just started on a game that should suit GP2X and Wiz.

Only the basic game mechanic is in so far, and some (depending on time, possibly not so) temporary graphics.

i also started a game for PC and WIZ (based on an old NES/DOS game), i hope I can finish it in the next few weeks...
btw there's no reason it couldn't be compiled for older handhelds (GP2X, etc) but I can't try it. I will also release the sources, so you will be free to build it for several platforms :)

A couple of more donations came in today bumping the prize pool over the $1000AUD mark. Truly remarkable effort.

I will be on holiday for the next two weeks in Thailand (spending the prize money on Thai lady boys) j/k :p

I'll try and monitor the contest email address and get back to you on any questions as quickly as possible. Hopefully the resort has wifi with strong enough range for my phone.

If the people from Bombergames get their Streets of Rage Remake done in time, then we already have a winner. :lol:

I'm practically broke at the moment (harsh student life) but I'll take a look into donating a few coins as well. I also placed the competition banner on my personal website to generate some extra buzz.

Let's hope for some really awesome Wiz releases!

Alex. said:
I may enter a game, although time is always so sparse. Maybe I'll reserve 2:30-3:00am every night from now until March 28 for working on this, could be a fun experiment :D
Shouldn't you be reserving that time slot for sleeping?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I sent an email today to donate something to the prize pool :)

@ contestants: how is your work going ?

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

Magic Sam said:
Hi,

I sent an email today to donate something to the prize pool :)

@ contestants: how is your work going ?

Bye and thanks, Magic Sam

working hard on it. i hope i'll finish before the end of the compo, at least a part of what i'm intended to create. just got a companymate on board for the graphics :)

SONY said:
Could we please get the most recent update on the prize pool amounts?

i think lorgy might still be on vacation ...

Thanks, mate. Can't wait till he returns. :)

Iorgy77 said:

http://webpoint-servers.com/pacc/

Prize pool currently stands at over $1000AUD / €€661 / $900USD / £581

Current Donations to prize pool:

Iorgy77 - $100AUD
SONY - $50AUD
mac-10 - £25
relliker - 50€
fishybawb - $50AUD
Edy from www.openpandora.es - $250USD
Lafazar - 100€
stickfight - £100
Gruso - $50AUD
Trooper - £50
RIUM+ - $42AUD​
Pledged Donations:

fbustamantegamboa - 20€​

Back in Bankok today and fly home tomorrow evening, Replied to some emails asking for donation information, sorry for the late reply. I will email EvilDragon and ask for an update on donations on Monday. I believe he is a very busy man atm. :)

ha, i'm just about to finish the main parts. first i thought i couldn't get my entry finished in time, but now the schedule looks very well B)

is there somebody up for private beta testing? i'd need someone with a wiz soon (upcoming weekend i hope ;)).

how are the rules for the beta testers? i think/hope judges and other devs are not allowed?

Back