2017 - The year of the Pyra!

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Guess its really coming this year... but seriously its looking good and we should have our Pyra's hopefully soon.
Fingers crossed for an avalanche of Pyra's in March or so. And Happy new year everyone.

optimus-prime-hoodie-1.jpg

One can hope. Those damn SoC/CPU boards messing everything up cx just work already!
None the less I'm super hyped for the Pyra :)

Yeah, still a bit early to commit to a date at the moment. I am however reasonably confident there's nothing really in the way of sending out prototype units to people with videocameras, and that should help build hype more than anything ED can do I reckon, if my years of following Gruso's pandorapress updates (I think it was his site) while waiting for my Pandora are anything to go by.

Yeah, still a bit early to commit to a date at the moment. I am however reasonably confident there's nothing really in the way of sending out prototype units to people with videocameras, and that should help build hype more than anything ED can do I reckon, if my years of following Gruso's pandorapress updates (I think it was his site) while waiting for my Pandora are anything to go by.
True - a few prototypes in the wild will help P.R immensely as per the pandora days. People like to see concrete proof and stuff in action. I'm looking forward to mucking about with the pyra just like the old pandora days too. I'm confident it will be fun and worth the wait.

I'm optimistic. The Pyra is the only thing on the horizon that holds any interest for me at the moment and I'd love to see it before the year is out. My Pandora is showing some serious distressing from over a years near-daily use. I just ordered some replacement parts for it to ensure its long term service, but it would be nice to have a replacement for it soon.

Best of luck to you ED!

Guess its really coming this year...
I hope so.
but seriously its looking good and we should have our Pyra's hopefully soon.
I read an entirely different message in the news.
Fingers crossed for an avalanche of Pyra's in March or so.
I'm absolutely certain that it will miss that target.
And Happy new year everyone.
Happy new year to you too. All the best wishes for 2017.

It will be good if Wendell from Level1Techs review the Pyra on their channel.
I'd tend to say it's best to wait before sending units to gamers until we have some actual games to show, which is what I was going to say after watching one of their monitor reviews, but after watching one of their news shows (a video podcast thing in practice) it seems they're quite aligned with stuff that doesn't track you to pay for itself, and open source software, so they might be a good fit on consideration.

Speaking of popular youtubers. Linus tech tips "reviewed" GPD Win:
I'm not sure what to make of his review, but the more people see Pyra the better I guess. Prosumers are able to decide for themselves if it suits them or not even if review is negative.

Linus is a sellout, he will do it only for money.
Wendell is our guy.

Anyway, unfortunately at this point, there is nothing to review...

Speaking of popular youtubers. Linus tech tips "reviewed" GPD Win:
I'm not sure what to make of his review, but the more people see Pyra the better I guess. Prosumers are able to decide for themselves if it suits them or not even if review is negative.

He didn't really say anything about the device but this drink he's talking about sounds healthy. :cool:

Still pondering over whether to sell my motorcycle to get a Pyra and some other stuff. But then there'd be no reason for me to leave the house in summer at all. Looking forward to the incoming release anyway. I expect it to be nothing short of great hardware-wise. And the past has shown that all the dedicated community members can uplift a device to unprecedented heights. Cool stuff to - if not be part of this - at least be watching from the subs' bench and cheering.

Back