28/12/2005 - [gp2x] Gp2x Psx V0.35 Ffvii Special

djchk

Hi, I found this today on GP23spain.com, does anyone speak spanish? Sorry if this has already been posted but it seems to be a special version of psx emulator for playing FFVII with no sound at FS1.

Zodttd ha publicado una nueva versión de su emulador de PSX para GP2X, en esta ocasión especificamente depurado para ejecutar el FF VII!!!

Según comenta, ha usado la GPU anterior a la de la versión 0.18 y la ha depurado para funcionar especificamente con el FF VII. Gracias a esto, el emulador funciona fullspeed sin sonido con FS1 y dependiendo de la situación FS2, lo que hace que sea perfectamente jugable y aparentemente sin fallos gráficos destacables.

Esta versión tiene algunas limitaciones, como que los botones L2 y R2 no están configurados correctamente (dice que espera ponerlos en los botones del volumen), no tiene sonido y todavía no ha ideado un sistema para hacer el cambio de disco, por lo que al llegar al final del disco 1 del juego no podremos continuar
También comenta que en los vídeos de introducción e intermedios del juego, dependiendo de la tarjeta SD (supongo que de la velocidad de lectura), es probable que vayan a tirones, pero que durante el juego no se producen.

Podéis pillarlo AQUI y comentar vuestras impresiones AQUI.

Dictionary.com translates it to this
Zodttd has published a new version of its emulator of PSX for GP2X, in this occasion especificamente purified to execute the FF VII!!!Según comments, has used the GPU previous to the one of version 0,18 and it has purified it to work especificamente with FF VII. Thanks to this, emulator works fullspeed without sound with FS1 and depending on situation FS2, which causes that it is perfectly juiceable and apparently without failures graphical destacables.Esta version has some limitations, because the bellboys L2 and R2 are not formed correctly (he says that he hopes to put them in the bellboys of the volume), does not have sound and still he has not devised a system to make the change of disc, reason why when arriving at the end of disc 1 of the game we will not be able to also continue comments that in the videos of introduction and intervals of the game, depending on card SD (I suppose that of the speed of reading), it is probable that they go to pulls, but that during the game producen.Podéis not to pillar it AQUI and to comment your impressions AQUI.

DuFace posted on Dec 27 2005 at 10:59 PM said:
Dictionary.com translates it to this
. . . reason why when arriving at the end of disc 1 of the game we will not be able to also continue comments that in the videos of introduction and intervals of the game, depending on card SD (I suppose that of the speed of reading), it is probable that they go to pulls, but that during the game producen.Podéis not to pillar it AQUI and to comment your impressions AQUI.

Maybe he means that if they fit on the card the movies will play?

Last edited by a moderator:
Please note that not only is there no download link to the file and also at the same site right next to the post about this one there is a supposed N64 Emu as well titled: GP64X. There is infact a download link for it but as you'll put it on your gp2x the screen is only black then when you go to examine the files in which you downloaded youll notice how the .gpe of the n64 emu is 0 bytes... damn i was a dumbass for falling for it but these two are nothing but fakes and frauds!

Zottd has published a new version of his emulator for PSX for the GP2X, this time it specifically works with FF VII!!!

After receiving comments, he has decided to use the previous GPU code from version 0.18 in order to work specifically with FF VII. Thanks to that, the emulator works at full speed, without sound, at Frameskip 1 or 2 depending on the situation; it is perfectly playable and apparently works without any graphical errors.

This version has some limitations, like the fact that the L2 and R2 buttons are not configured correctly (he says he wants to use the volume buttons for them), it doesn't have sound, and he still has not come up with a way to change the dics, since when you are at the end of Disc 1, the game can't continue. Also, he commented that the videos for the introductions and cutscenes of the game, depending on the SD Card (probably the speed at which it reads), something something lol.

You can get it HERE and talk about it in the forum.

--
In case anyone wanted an arguably better translation.

portcitypetino posted on Dec 28 2005 at 01:43 AM said:
Please note that not only is there no download link to the file and also at the same site right next to the post about this one there is a supposed N64 Emu as well titled: GP64X. There is infact a download link for it but as you'll put it on your gp2x the screen is only black then when you go to examine the files in which you downloaded youll notice how the .gpe of the n64 emu is 0 bytes... damn i was a dumbass for falling for it but these two are nothing but fakes and frauds!
The N64 emulator is CLEARLY a joke if you A.) Have some common sense, B.) Read the posts in the thread, or C.) Read the readme that came in the zip file.

As for the PSX emu, it's not fake at all, you're just doing it wrong ;)

dennis20014 posted on Dec 28 2005 at 02:49 AM said:
That's great that its translated! too bad it's not avalibable for download...or I can't see were
:p

Sorry guys. I'm working on making it true though. :)

Next version will have l2 and r2 working. I been working on the emulator constantly. One bug left to fix before releasing a new version.

zodttd posted on Dec 28 2005 at 10:03 PM said:
Sorry guys. I'm working on making it true though. :)

Next version will have l2 and r2 working. I been working on the emulator constantly. One bug left to fix before releasing a new version.
sounds good. unfortunately, im a moron and cant get a psx game rom to use :(

eh, life

Back