3do Interactive Multiplayer

ingrin

So, just out of curiousity, has there been any interest in trying to get an EMU for the 3DO for the GP2X. I know its a bit of a dog system with no quality control, but I was suprised to see little or no discussion regarding an emulator (can't really search for 3DO, so that is why I included its fully qualified name in the title). It isn't even on the Emulation Speculation Wiki page.

+'s
On paper, it seems to be less floating point/3d intensive that the PlayStation,
It has a decent number of 90's PC Ports that would be nice to play on a handheld, and it seems this is more likely than DosBox getting up to speed...

-'s
No source code.
has a couple of dedicated 2d processors that might not be so easy to emulate at a decent speed.

Anyway, I'm not huge in the Emu community, so what is the 411 on 3DO emulation? somewhat likely, Unlikely, Never gonna happen?

So, just out of curiousity, has there been any interest in trying to get an EMU for the 3DO for the GP2X. I know its a bit of a dog system with no quality control, but I was suprised to see little or no discussion regarding an emulator (can't really search for 3DO, so that is why I included its fully qualified name in the title). It isn't even on the Emulation Speculation Wiki page.

+'s
On paper, it seems to be less floating point/3d intensive that the PlayStation,
It has a decent number of 90's PC Ports that would be nice to play on a handheld, and it seems this is more likely than DosBox getting up to speed...

-'s
No source code.
has a couple of dedicated 2d processors that might not be so easy to emulate at a decent speed.

Anyway, I'm not huge in the Emu community, so what is the 411 on 3DO emulation? somewhat likely, Unlikely, Never gonna happen?

Probably never. The 3DO had and ARM CPU which might make that easy to run but it had those custom cel engines which are poorly documented. It was by the guys that did the Amiga and they love custom hard to emulate hardware.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Horde :D

The 3DO has a few good titles, but, well, make that *very* few. I have one and it's a dud of a machine all told.

btw, I literally found mine at the dump (recycling centre), where I bought it for $10. It works flawlessly, and had about ten BOXED games with it!

MD versions of RR come nowhere the 3do IMO.

The real beauty of 3do emulation for me though would be Need for Speed. I'd still rather play that version than any released later in the series.

I'll get excited for emulated Policenauts when I see an English patch for an existing version (ANY version). Maybe one with subtitles for the spoken parts, that would be awesome. I don't think it's going to happen, though, and this probably won't either.

Back