3ds Ambasador Program - fire emblem the sacred stones

milkshake

Advanced Member
Hi everyone I wanted to tell you how much I was enjoying playing fire emblem for the gameboy advance.

I found the game in the nintendo 3ds ambasador program as my I bought my gf her 3ds before the price reduction in april(ish) this year, and I enjoyed it that much when I got home I though I would play it on the pandora too using gpSP (excellent gameboy advance emulator) and im so addicted to completing every stage without letting anyone die (its annoying as they cant be revived).

what does everyone else think of this game?

I haven't had the time to try it yet, myself, but I'm hearing a lot of good things from others who have. I'm quite looking forward to giving it a go, now. :D

I am a bit disappointed with the GBA games. No way to pause a game in progress by closing the lid, seems like a very poor design decision somewhere along the way.

I'm pretty sure that they're not being emulated, Stan, which I think is why it is that way. :p They run exactly as GBA games do on DS hardware, with the exception of the option to have that horrible full-screen filter applied to it (with homebrew gear that could launch from the DS' GBA slot, it was even possible to leave info on the unused screen, and to apply borders, which I'm assuming is related to why they're able to display the note about sleep mode on the touch-screen).

Last edited by a moderator:
Emulated or not, I'm not convinced they couldn't have put something in somewhere that would have allowed them to interrupt a GBA game in progress unless they weren't even considering it during the 3DS's development.

Oh, I quite agree. After all that time waiting, it is a pity that they didn't... I haven't tried it, but do the GBA games that support the GBA's sleep mode actually use it if you set them to do so here? I know that Yoshi's Island has it, but I didn't try.

Also, yikes, sorry milkshake, I didn't mean to get so off-track here! :unsure:

no problem but you should try that game soon and let me know if you like it :) im havnig a blast with it, I even downloaded a walkthrough because I dont wanna miss anything :p

Back