3Ds "slide Pad"

noxstryx

Still Fresh
the 3DS's slide pad looks a heck of a lot like the pandora's stick, Any thoughts?
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/nintendo-3ds-set-to-expand-your-gaming-horizons/

lorddust said:
the 3DS's slide pad looks a heck of a lot like the pandora's stick, Any thoughts?

The what in the what now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Kicker said:
lorddust said:

The what in the what now?

Sorry, I put a link in my first post so you can see.

I'm wondering what its hardware specs are, especially its processing power. Did they mention anything? I missed the press conference.

w0mkjo.jpg

You mean their nub?

You know that the PSP already had one of those, as well, right?

OT: 3D fotos! Movies! Kid Icarus! Nintendo is crazy awesome... B)
No specs but the Kid Icarus in game stuff suggests about PSP level I guess.

Jourdy288 said:
w0mkjo.jpg

You mean their nub?

Yea, i was under the impression that the Pandora Team designed their own nub for the Pandora, this look a lot like that nub.

Why only one? So disappointing. The d-pad position also looks rather uncomfortable.

I went apeshit over Retro's Donkey Kong Country Returns.

Awesome presentation from Nintendo today.

Caine said:
Why only one? So disappointing. The d-pad position also looks rather uncomfortable.

We're still the only handheld to have two nubs.

6a00cdf7ed27ab094f010980c4625d000b-500pi

Facepalm (in regards to one nub)

Now what I'm most interested about is how the 3d works and what it looks like...

HackModford said:
Facepalm (in regards to one nub)

Now what I'm most interested about is how the 3d works and what it looks like...
Hate to go OT, but there was a Halo game developed for the DS. It wasn't finished, it was more like a techdemo, but it was playable. That might be pretty cool on the 3DS... Can you imagine Halo- like that? I know it's rather nerdy, but...

AFAIK Bungie aren't making any more Halo games (after the next one?). I think they want to work on new games (hence the split from Microsoft).

Microsoft could get someone to port it though! I think it was Gearbox who did the PC version.

It Would be More Fun on a Pandora™ though; twin nubs.

Presentation, Games and overall Quality like this for the Pandora and our Handheld would get much much more attention, I'm sure. :) The potential is there, it just needs more "polishing". ^^

Jourdy288 said:
Hate to go OT, but there was a Halo game developed for the DS. It wasn't finished, it was more like a techdemo, but it was playable. That might be pretty cool on the 3DS... Can you imagine Halo- like that? I know it's rather nerdy, but...

That was actually just a hack of Goldeneye DS IIRC.

I saw the video and the nub seems to move just like the pandora's. He even calls it a "slider" after he plays with if for a second because of the way it moves.

Looks like the neo geo pocket stick...

3DS_HW_01image_Blue_E3.png
3DS_HW_01image_Red_E3.png
untitled-5_03.jpg
untitled-6_03.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (high quality graphic remake)

untitled-33.jpg
untitled-28.jpg
untitled-29.jpg
untitled-30.jpg
untitled-31.jpg
untitled-32.jpg

Video of Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater - The Naked Sample

http://kotaku.com/55...he-nintendo-3ds

EDIT: Please pay no attention to the boobs.

"Did they forget to put their contacts in? Those graphics are sub-Gamecube. More like early PSP/PS2."
"Engadget keep saying how the graphics in that game are Wii-standard"
"This Kid Icarus screenshot looks blocky as"That was on a huge ***** cinema screen. It'll look better on an actual (small) 3DS screen.Plus, once devs familiarise themselves with the 3DS hardware...we'll start seeing Wii-like (or better) graphics on it. Give it another 1 or 2 years. Compare PSP graphics from 2004/2005 to PSP graphics 2010. Big difference!
"I'm not sure about the d-pad being in the corner like that, but I guess they thought it through and it feels ok."
Well, it's a helluva lot better than what most of the experts envisioned...which was the d-pad above the analogue slide-pad (like the psp).

Back