4 Or 2 Player On One Gp2x Via Usb Joypads

deepmenace

Website
Visit site
hey all,

just tried to search for the above on here but come up with nowt. if someone can link me to a post with the answer on thanks in advance.

what i want to be able to do is bring gp2x + usb joypads + tvout round a mates house and play muchos old games on his tv.

can i do it?

if so, what do i need?

and what emulators support 2 or 4 player thru usb?

cheers :D

You also need a way of connecting these controllers to the USB host interface on the EXT port (for example, a Break Out Board [aka Developer's Board]).

thanks Vim, vague but it's a start....your mind on other things i take it :)

ok - so breakout board to usb hub to 4 joypads ? ? ?

edit - oh.... out of stock everywhere..../sulks/

My USB PS2 controller adaptor works fine... detects as a standard controller.
It's worth noting that my Adaptoid (N64 pad adaptor) and GameCube controller adaptor also work fine!

I wish more programs supported USB gaming :)

PokeParadox posted on Mar 29 2007 at 02:26 PM said:
My USB PS2 controller adaptor works fine... detects as a standard controller.
It's worth noting that my Adaptoid (N64 pad adaptor) and GameCube controller adaptor also work fine!

I wish more programs supported USB gaming :)

Ditto, my PS1 to USB works great :) in Picodrive, and I expect http://www.retrousb.com/ stuff to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's possible to make an adapter to use the usb and tvout at the same time?

shinra posted on Mar 29 2007 at 07:08 PM said:
See my sig.

If you do the USB like I show, just 3 more wires and you have TV-Out, then use the headphones jack with an RCA adaptor for audio-out.

In my sig the EXT out link will take you to a page with the wiring for the TV.

I didn't show it because you just need to hook ground to ground, and the Y and C pins from S-Video to the proper pins on the EXT connector.

Easy, cheesy. I will be getting a nice camera with macro soon (Fujifulm A330 $54 ebay :)), so I can show pics of what I did. Just PM me and I will let you know when I get my camera.

nubie posted on Mar 30 2007 at 01:08 PM said:
shinra posted on Mar 29 2007 at 07:08 PM said:
See my sig.

If you do the USB like I show, just 3 more wires and you have TV-Out, then use the headphones jack with an RCA adaptor for audio-out.

In my sig the EXT out link will take you to a page with the wiring for the TV.

I didn't show it because you just need to hook ground to ground, and the Y and C pins from S-Video to the proper pins on the EXT connector.

Easy, cheesy. I will be getting a nice camera with macro soon (Fujifulm A330 $54 ebay :)), so I can show pics of what I did. Just PM me and I will let you know when I get my camera.
thanks nubie :D

I didn't want to make a new thread so I brought up this one on a simliar subject.

Would a usb multitap work with the gp2x? I think it would be cool to have original NES, Genesis, and SNES controllers work with no modification. Just the console-specific multitap (e.g., Team Player, Turbo Tap, etc) would be modded to function with usb. Are there drivers for something like this?

I've seen one example at www.retrousb.com (USB Four Score), but at $66 (not including shipping), I think they are really taking advantage of the situation.

Jaguarandine said:
I didn't want to make a new thread so I brought up this one on a simliar subject.

Would a usb multitap work with the gp2x? I think it would be cool to have original NES, Genesis, and SNES controllers work with no modification. Just the console-specific multitap (e.g., Team Player, Turbo Tap, etc) would be modded to function with usb. Are there drivers for something like this?

I've seen one example at www.retrousb.com (USB Four Score), but at $66 (not including shipping), I think they are really taking advantage of the situation.
I don't think so, unless it says so in the product description.

I would buy 4 of the $7 cheapie ones for N64 or PSX and use those with a hub, but then you are around the $50 level, if not more, they are just following the market.

Or this device (I love PSX pads though):

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-6m-49-en-70-qc4.html

The Super Joybox 5 allows you to connect up to 4 PlayStation™ or PlayStation2™ controllers to your PC simultaneously. The Super Joybox 5 supports all buttons and is easy to install via USB port (just plug & play). The attached driver works for Windows 95, ME and 2000. Finally you can use your favourite PlayStation™ or PlayStation2™ controller for your PC gaming needs. The Super Joybox 5 is also ideal for emulation fans and game developers.

That would be a great option for PS1 games, but I'd like to use the original controllers for the emulators I play.

Sounds like this would be an interesting project. Any ideas on how to get started on something like this for the GP2X?

Jaguarandine said:
That would be a great option for PS1 games, but I'd like to use the original controllers for the emulators I play.

Sounds like this would be an interesting project. Any ideas on how to get started on something like this for the GP2X?
Maybe ask the devs if they are interested and get them a USB host to test their emulator with.

The real problem as I see it is that USB Host is right now in a caseless BoB version and is too expensive, otherwise it would be nice to get a donation set up to get them USB.

Back