"40-140Th In Line" Yet I've Heard Nothing

daffy

This is a great project, and it's amazing that it's actually happening, but communication... not the strong suit. Not really even a weak suit. More like a pair of sweaty shorts that should have been thrown away years ago.

I'm in the US, pretty early in line, chose regular shipping, and I've absolutely *no* idea what to expect. Will I get notified when it ships (I've heard nothing, though if 100 were done on day 1, it seems like I should have by now)? Will I get a tracking number? Is there an estimate on shipping time to the US? Heck, is it even getting shipped direct from the UK, or is someone going to bring the Pandoras back in their carry on, then drop them in the mail?

Others who have ordered from the US, Australia or heck Botswana would doubtless enjoy a brief comment on these issues.

I'm in Canada and I got my shipping notification the other day, mind you I was even earlier in the queue than you ;)

Give it a few more days man, they're most likely doing qa on them amongst other things and need the extra day or two before sending it your way.

I ordered on day one right after the order forms opened up online I assume I'm early in the que (at least in the first 1000) and from the sound of things you'll get a notification that it's shipping out but if you're just getting standard airmail then I doubt you'll get a tracking number. Physical travel time seems to be about a week assuming the boxes dont get held up for some reason.

Best you can do is just be patient and wait for an email.

At least one Aussie has his shipping confirmation. I thought I'd have mine by now too, but alas no. Lots of us in the same boat man. I know exactly how you feel. :)

I'm in the same boat as well. From the sounds of the posts yesterday it does sound like they are going to do a few more tests on them before releasing them in to the postal system so even if they did do a hundred or so yesterday they might not actually send them out until today the extended tests have been done.

...Well thats whats in my head to keep me sane anyway!

Dude, I sympathise and all, but seriously, your concerns didn't warrant a new topic. suck it up nancy :p

Well considering they have said yesterday they have sent 'over 100' now means you could be today or tomorrow, I'm hoping im today also but its just wait and see, dont panic just yet....!
Seems they got delayed sending last week missed deadline..plus people get mixed up when they say 100 built today, they dont infact get sent until the following day anyway, and then maybe not all of them if they dont all get packed, processed etc.....its defo the hardest part of waiting being this close though!

FWIW, some reasonable amount of surfing around here did not me any information at all about shipments outside Europe.

Now I have some information, and it's here in a hopefully findable form for someone else who was wondering what I was.

Thanks for the responses.

If its any consolation, i'm in the uk, ordered within the first hour and I havent had any notification yet either.

I ordered within 20 minutes and I am within the first 210 and not heard anything yet either.

But i'm not concerned since it seems that the team are slowing down a bit and doing extra checks; I'd rather wait an extra few days knowing everything had been tested fully, than get it quick and risk the very small chance of something being wrong.

That said, it would be nice if there was a running tally of how many have been shipped, so far the information is coming in like we have grown to expect - bits and bobs, with a lot of conjecture and guesswork to fill in the gaps. A simple - another 50 shipped today etc would be nice, and would let people further down the line count down the days.

Hey daffy, are you sure your place is 40-140? Is that your own estimate, or did that come from the powers that be? Also, is that Craigs shop or Ed's?

Well, from what I have gathered, even if you went with standard shipping, you should receive an email confirmation that your package has shipped. I believe you will only get an additional tracking email if you have the UPS express shipping option. If you are indeed in the 140 and under, you should have heard something by now, but I'm sure everyday that goes by, the team and staff are getting more, and more busy.

So they may have shipped your item, and just haven't had the time to email you yet. I hope that is not the case, as that would be a huge problem down the line. I personally ship hundreds of packages a month, and I use shipping software that is supposed to send a delivery confirmation email, but sadly I always get customers asking about have I shipped there package. So I never know if the email was never sent, lost, or if they just never saw it.

I was really hoping to hear something today in regards to my own package(250-350), but sadly I don't think that will happen. I really wish the team would give a daily update of the exact amount that has shipped, but they may not be following the "exact" line order, and if the give a total each day, and customers know that there number has been passed by, there will be a barrage of problems from the community. On the other hand, no information causes a similar problem as we can see by this thread. Good luck to you daffy, please keep us posted if you hear anything.

Chris

Yeah that was myself Gruso :)

Still have not got a UPS tracking number the wait for that's killing me hehe :p

I was told 2 days ago they would send it through the next day but nothing. Anyways I know there busy and I no one's coming my way soon so I'm happy camper :)

Bosbeetle said:
Why is it that time seems to go so much slower since the pandora fell out of the nest?
Pressing F5 is used for reloading web pages, AND quicksaving... Perhaps all that quicksaving is making the universe lag. [/satire]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooka said:
I'm in Canada and I got my shipping notification the other day, mind you I was even earlier in the queue than you ;)

Give it a few more days man, they're most likely doing qa on them amongst other things and need the extra day or two before sending it your way.

Same here, ordered from Canada, must've been in the first 4 minutes or so. Got the email from "craig and team" on friday, but nothing since. Mind you, i really don't remember what i chose for a shipping method.

I just go my order confirmation today, May 26th, 8:45am EST, and I'm in the US. I don't remember what I selected for shipping either, but it was the base shipping method if I remember correctly. I'm assuming it will arrive by the end of next week if it is going via Airmail from the UK to the US, then customs and then here at home.

Unless of course they are shipping it to a distributor and that distributor will further slow the process. But I don't think they are.

Anyway, I'll post when I get mine of course.

Noisome said:
I just go my order confirmation today, May 26th, 8:45am EST, and I'm in the US. I don't remember what I selected for shipping either, but it was the base shipping method if I remember correctly. I'm assuming it will arrive by the end of next week if it is going via Airmail from the UK to the US, then customs and then here at home.

Unless of course they are shipping it to a distributor and that distributor will further slow the process. But I don't think they are.

Anyway, I'll post when I get mine of course.
Hi Noisome, and Congrats. Can you tell me where you where in line? And what was the time and date of your original confirmation email? Thanks!

Chris

mindlord said:
Bosbeetle said:
Why is it that time seems to go so much slower since the pandora fell out of the nest?
Pressing F5 is used for reloading web pages, AND quicksaving... Perhaps all that quicksaving is making the universe lag. [/satire]
As long as the universe doesn't get refreshed/reloaded... that would just mean moar waiting :/

i ordered as early as i could on September 30th 2008 at 10:36 EST and... still no email hopefully soon i know they are working hard

Back