A Community Gift To The Team ?

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi :)

Just a thought:

What could we do, as a Community, to make the Open Pandora Team's life easier, and reward them for their hard work ?

I had an idea some months ago when I talked to Jacquelyn from GBAX. I told her she would deserve a box of chocolates for Christmas, but never found the time to send anything :(

I think I'll send some little presents out now :)

I realize I did something wrong last Sunday, I hope ED, the team and you guys will forgive me, but I'm not the only one here feeling impatient and posting BS sometimes, am I ?

We **ALL** should try to be more grateful, and more helpful members :)

So, what could WE do, for a change ? I think a Community effort in the communication department (biggest flaw IMHO) should be a priority...

Bye, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been promoting the project everywhere I go :) I probably got them at least 5 new customers. For the rest I guess the least we can do is let them work in peace without to much mud slinging on the forums.

Make a task force to take over the support. The first thing you should do when you log in is to check the "I need help" section and answer questions if you can. If you find useful info and tutorials, post a link in the "Tweaks Thread" in that section.
Proper organization and coordination is the key to success, folks.
The only "gift" worthwile is making the Pandora a success, imo.

Why don't you become the peacemaker, magic Sam. Give some soothing advice to those who are in the same dilemma as yourself. I know I couldn't, but you've been there :)

My gift to the team will be time spent updating and adding to the Pandora wiki.

I'm not a dev so it seems like the best way to help. If we could get a few other non devs doing this then we could make a superb resource for the Pandora community.

I made a friend horny showing off my pandora yesterday....

't was a weird experience i tell you!
Also, he's usually a macfag

And yes, i know what you are thinking, i wish it was a female friend too :(

Magix Sam, in this case the old saying of "actions speak louder than words (keyboard)" comes to mind.

Don't ask anyone's opinion (everyone will differ and give back in different ways), just do what you think is right .. I did

My gift to the team was to super size my order to show support by adding a TV-Out cable, Pandora carry case and a donation to the dev fund over the last month :)

EDIT: ..and to not badger the team constantly about updates or my place in the order list :D

My gift to the team is/will be contributing to compatibility lists, and trying to help out with the questions that come up (both from newcomers, and in the I Need Help section - the latter of which I should be able to do a bit better with once I get my Pandora back and won't be answering questions "blind").

I can't code, but I can certainly write. :lol: I also have a knack for finding odd bugs under normal usage, so I should hopefully be able to point out a few of those, too.

EDIT: And obviously, buying stuff via the app-store is likely to be a given, too, at some point. :p

Pandora will probably be the focal point of my game development hobby for at least a few years. I hope I can make something worthwhile :)

Frankly, I'm still waiting for the Team to finish their "gift" to the community.

Magic Sam, just become an active community member. Assist with with software development (code, art, audio, whatever your expertise is), documentation, user support, advertising (don't overdo this until production is more reliable). In other words, help make the Pandora project a success.

TheDarkSpectrum48K said:
Magix Sam, in this case the old saying of "actions speak louder than words (keyboard)" comes to mind.
I type on a model M you insensitive clod!

I dont know what makes me more sick, the "I'm leaving threads" or the "arsekissing threads"

"They work hard lets buy them presents"... what are you five? Its been two years and still no site of my pandora, sorry if I dont feel like buying them chocolates just yet.

A big thumbs up to those who can contribute to the scene, but as for the OP team, finish the job you started. This infinite two month loop has to come to an end.

supporting the initial users with standard 'newbie' linux stuff is best we can offer - as most of us don't have the pandora's in our hands to give any more decent support.

This would of course include the standard downloaded a pnd but it dont work coz I dont have bios/games files

Iorgy77 said:
I dont know what makes me more sick, the "I'm leaving threads" or the "arsekissing threads"

"They work hard lets buy them presents"... what are you five? Its been two years and still no site of my pandora, sorry if I dont feel like buying them chocolates just yet.

A big thumbs up to those who can contribute to the scene, but as for the OP team, finish the job you started. This infinite two month loop has to come to an end.

+1

Iorgy77 said:

+1

My gift was unknowingly giving them a 2 year interest-free loan.

Well, I think the best gift you can give us is:

Stick with us and help us!

Yes, Pandoras seem to be rolling out slow, but they're rolling out! It might take a few weeks until YOU get your unit - but we're working on that, improving and trying to support everything.

The little device has SOO much potential - let the dream come true!

Back