A New Version Of Max Ghostpix Is Coming Soon!

Quiest

I like turtles!
Hi people!

I had a few chats with Marc, the author of Max Ghostpix, a Picross clone written in Fenix for the GP32.
He told me that he is working pretty hard on a release of a new version for the GP32 and the GP2X,
and asked me to put it in the news for a little promotion. :D

Well, as I (most of the time) do what I am told to, here are a couple of picture of the next version:

max01.png
max02.png

max03.png
max04.png

As well as a list of new features:

* New logo
* New saving system: 4 slots with name. It even allows you to save in-game!
* New world selection: easier and faster!
* New game functions: Now the red squares aren't modifiable (errors and hints)
* Better graphics, better sound, better ALL! B)

The release will take a few more days to come, there is still some stuff to finish, and as Marc has no GP2X, I have to check if it runs correctly on our beloved GP2X :D

Until then, I hope you enjoy the pictures. :) I do, as I am really looking forward to this new version.

Greatest game on gp2x for me!!!
Looking forward to this great game.

There is nothing a Fenix coder can change about the sound (except for using none), its a bug in the ported Fenix runtime / SDL_mixer.dll.

Quiest posted on Oct 10 2006 at 08:45 AM said:
There is nothing a Fenix coder can change about the sound (except for using none), its a bug in the ported Fenix runtime / SDL_mixer.dll.
Ok, but interestingly, the sound only had an issue with the first tune, as well as crackly sound, the game kept stuttering in gameplay. Change to any of the other tunes and the sound plays fine and there is no game stuttering. How about when you change the tune in the menu, it saves it as the new default, so you don't have to keep accessing the menu to change the tune each time you play a level or a game?

On a different note, are there any plans to update Hexbattle at all? It is also a great game.

Last edited by a moderator:
The thing is not every sound files have problems.
I dunno what exactly it is (filetype/quality/...).
But that is why I have only one (filesize!) ogg file for music in the Minigame Project 2X, cause all the mods, its, etc. did not work...

And yes, read my sig :) I really plan on updating all those games, but I got a job sine first of September and I didn`t do anything except helping WarmFluffy with Myriad in Fenix because of my lazyness and too less time.

I`d also really love to take part in the Community Contest and The Booleansoup contest, but I just have no time.

Quiest posted on Oct 10 2006 at 01:14 PM said:
The thing is not every sound files have problems.
I dunno what exactly it is (filetype/quality/...).
But that is why I have only one (filesize!) ogg file for music in the Minigame Project 2X, cause all the mods, its, etc. did not work...

And yes, read my sig :) I really plan on updating all those games, but I got a job sine first of September and I didn`t do anything except helping WarmFluffy with Myriad in Fenix because of my lazyness and too less time.

I`d also really love to take part in the Community Contest and The Booleansoup contest, but I just have no time.
What job have you got, if I may ask?

Quiest posted on Oct 10 2006 at 11:57 AM said:
I`m learning software developer. *mydreamjob*
Mine too :) What are you studying right now?

- Alex

Back