A Pandora game comes to iPhone/iPad

wermy

Hi everyone,

I've released my game Super Geometry Dust on the App Store, as a universal app for both iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad (as a universal app, so buy it once for access to both versions)! I released it under the name Vertex Blaster, so as not to step on any trademark/copyright issues with the original name.

For the iOS version, there are global leaderboards and achievements, along with some gameplay improvements and tweaks (which I plan to bring to the Pandora version when I get a chance). I also plan to add iControlPad support to it in the near future. It's available now for $0.99!

http://itunes.apple....d453873865?mt=8

UPDATE:

iCP support has been added, and is live on the app store! :) Full changes below:

What's New in Version 1.25.0

LOADS of new control options!

• Totally customizable controls (drag and drop the joysticks, bomb and pause buttons wherever you want!)

• Joypad app support

• iControlPad support

• Shake-to-bomb option (turned off by default)

Other new features:

• Auto-pause (off by default, pauses the game when you let go of both joysticks)

• Restart button in-game

• Repositioned restart/return to menu buttons (to avoid accidentally hitting them in stead of "resume")

• Confirmation dialogs for both of the above

• Updated icons and loading screen

• Various minor bug fixes

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one :D

iCP Support is surely needed, how can you play such a game with a touchscreen? :D

Double-Nub-Power :D

Nice one :D

iCP Support is surely needed, how can you play such a game with a touchscreen? :D

Double-Nub-Power :D

I bought it and have been playing it - real nice on the iPad's big screen and plays well with the fling sticky joysticks, but I agree with ED... needs iCP support for the iPhone!!!

I've bought it for my iPod Toich, tricky enough with touch screen controls, but I'm happy to be able to support the game and give a bit of financial appreciation!! Looking forward to seeing the improved Pandora version:)

I just bought it - well done mate!

(One thing: two versions, one for iPhone, one for iPad? Why not one version that auto-detects which hardware its running on?)

Craig, thanks for the Tweet! It's highly appreciated. :)

torpor: It is a universal app, so it works just as you described. I'll edit my original post to indicate that. ;)

Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone!

It's cool to see the translation of this on the iPhone. I'll have to try on the iPad!

On the iPhone I have one comment. I have issues with the controls placement because my fingers seem to be in the way of the action at times. This is a pretty big issue with some iPhone games, but I feel like you have some real estate towards the bottom corners of the screen to put the joystick controls. Maybe if you made the placement of these controls user-adjustable it wouldn't be an issue? (maybe I should just buy an iControlPad... hopefully they have another $50 promotion soon!... I was too late for the TA promo!)

Anyways, I really enjoy the game on both the Pandora and iPhone. Very sharp game, I hope you have some success on the app store!

Having played a bit more I find I agree a little with the above post, the positioning of the virtual sticks seems to block the view on occasion, might they me moved a little or else implement that system where the joystick centre is based on where you first place your thumbs on the screen? I've seen that in a few apps, thought it worked well...

Just dowloaded it now plays pretty damn good on both iphone and ipad. has it been made slightly easier by you cos i just beat my pandora high score on like my second try i think i made the global top ten :D

So have you been making tons of cash with this release Wermy?

Its all about..

- what time of day they put you into the new app list (though less people check that)

- if you can get onto the Apple recommendations list (huge win)

- if you can get onto the top 25 somewhere ... huge win

- if the first reviewers are kind; you sell 6months of life for $1, and the first 2 guys give you 1 star, you're done for

- and getting on TouchArcade etc ;)

But wermy has done great stuff here, but the Apple audience is fickle, so I too am very curious.

wermy -- great show, its a great game so I hope you clean up a little; but you'll need to keep adding now, these buggers will demand it ;)

jeff

No giant bags of money to report yet. ;) I've been getting good feedback, though, so that's good. The hardest thing is gaining any kind of visibility. I've sent promo codes/review request to about 25 app sites now, but I imagine they are flooded with such requests daily.

It's fun anyway, and I'm excited to put iCP support in there. :)

No giant bags of money to report yet. ;) I've been getting good feedback, though, so that's good. The hardest thing is gaining any kind of visibility. I've sent promo codes/review request to about 25 app sites now, but I imagine they are flooded with such requests daily.

It's fun anyway, and I'm excited to put iCP support in there. :)

This is the problem these days, a couple of years ago you could genuinely make $100,000 in a few weeks from a good app, but now the market is flooded to a ridiculous extent.

Once you add in iCP support I'll see if I can get it featured along with a few more iCP supporting apps on some of the big sites.

Back