A Short List Of Dos Games I'd Like To See

seen12

Still Fresh
Ya this is just a list of fallout style games I'd like to play on the go, I think many will work. Don't know my gp2x is lost in he post.

#Bad Blood
#Autoduel
#Wasteland
#DarkSpyre

lawndart said:
Ya this is just a list of fallout style games I'd like to play on the go, I think many will work. Don't know my gp2x is lost in he post.

#Bad Blood
#Autoduel
#Wasteland
#DarkSpyre
That's a fine selection of games. Especially Wasteland, that game has extremely low PC requirements. The AMIGA alternative runs too slowly however on the GP2X.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed! But think many old dos games has many keystrokes (i.e utilize the whole keyboard) and the current gp2x-dosbox does not have a virtual keyboard and mouse support. Playing these games requires extensive keymapping which is a pain. We need a virtual keyboard and a mouse support functionality... anyone would take up the task?

My list would be:

Wizardry 6 Bane of Cosmic Forges
Hard Nova (sadly no mouse support so it is too hard to play)
Wasteland
Darkland
Megatraveller 1 & 2

~Gates

~gates

i have all of these, and have played a fair bit of wasteland with dosbox for windows

i acutally own an original copy of bad blood, on 5.25" floppies, i used to play it on my 286! man i love that game

Bad Blood

hahaha, i sat down and wrote a decent mapper for badblood, then realised it doesn't work with the version of dosbox on gp2x. not only that, i made the wiki entry stating such, when 0.70.1 came out!

anyway, i've posted it to the wiki
http://wiki.gp2x.org/index.php?title=DosBox:Bad_Blood

Wasteland

the sheer amount of buttons that need to be pressed for the interface would render this kinda difficult/impossible, no?

DTH said:
Howbout Prehistorik 2, would that be possible?
Oh. My. God.

Do you know for how long I've been looking for that game, only never to find it because I didn't remember it was spelled with a "k"? I played this game to hell 12 or so years ago, man you just made my day (it's 2am ;))

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Autoduel is awesome. There is always playing it on VICE (C64). Also I have SDL compatible virtual keyboard support in gp2xmess. With minimal tweaking it could run in DosBox. The author is encouraged to use it.

~telengard

Back