GP2X About The Included Compiler And Sdk?

Website
www.digitalawakening.net
Anybody know anything about that or have a bigger shot then this:

dev1.jpg

All we know is that there will be an SDK, and the compiler will be GCC either via Linux, or Cygwin. So, same as GP32 setup.

Source for the above is gpx2.com before anyone asks :)

WntrMute will probably release a DevKitPro build for the GP2X on Windows for people not wanting to use Cygwin.

I've found this: "With a free GCC/Linux/Windows based compiler and SDK". Seems to me like there will be enough included with GP2X to start developing directly in Windows. Also there will be no backwards compability with GP32 so there's no need for anything to be the same.

Yes, like I said, Windows users will need to use Cygwin, as the native development environment will be Linux. So in other words, exactly the same setup as the GP32.

Guys,

The dev kits will be based on GCC so ANY IDE that can compile to GCC could be made to work with the GP2X given time, there are some damm good IDE's both free and commercial that can be used with GCC and any IDE that works with the GP32 using GCC could most probably be moved to use the 2X without much work.

Believe me when I say that good, integrated, GCC based devkits for most platforms and IDE support that draws from all the experience people have had with the GP32 development will be made available shortly after the launch if GamePark comes up short :D.

Digital Awakening posted on Sep 15 2005 at 12:45 PM said:
It's easier for us newbies if everything comes ready in the box :D

It's being worked on, trust me, if you get it in the box believe me there will compelling reasons to upgrade as time goes on. Craig is working hard to get it all put together I am sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very much counting on an IDE if Im going to get anything of my own onto the GP2X, the only coding Ive done was in visual basic back in college and its been a few years since Ive touched that to be honest.

Fortunatly Im only aiming to add a few custom backgrounds and if possible a personalised startup screen, nothing too adventurous really. Do you think these things will be possible by the way I never owned a GP32, did it have a startup logo or just boot straight to a menu?

Back