About The Usb

edgex004

Advanced Member
So I was wandering if a gamepad could be plugged into the USB of the Pandora. Since the USB is is powered it should be feasable with the right drivers, correct? I'd definately buy one if I was able to plug in an extra pad and play some two player SNES!

Combine that with the tv-out, and it's just like playing multiplayer on the original system.

edgex004 said:
Combine that with the tv-out, and it's just like playing multiplayer on the original system.
Hmmm, what about 4 player? Could you plug in a USB hub, or would a BOB be necessary?

Last edited by a moderator:
edgex004 said:
It's even better, because the original system didn't have save states. :)

whiskthecat said:
Hmmm, what about 4 player? Could you plug in a USB hub, or would a BOB be necessary?
Available info suggests that a powered USB hub will be all that is needed to add more USB ports. No announcement has been made of any cradle for the Pandora, and it won't be needed because everything that the GP2X needed the cradle for is already built into the Pandora and required cables will be included in the base package.

Still, I would like some sort of cradle,
it would be very convenient to have all connections in the cradle and just have to put pandora in it, as opposed to connecting power, sound, video, usb cables, then having a powered usb hub on top of that.

Hmmm, maybe thats why they chose to place the power plug on the front and the card slots on the back. That way, when they release a cradle, you just stick your closed Pandora into the cradle and still have full access to the card slots.....Just a thought.

SecretLoser said:
Hmmm, maybe thats why they chose to place the power plug on the front and the card slots on the back. That way, when they release a cradle, you just stick your closed Pandora into the cradle and still have full access to the card slots.....Just a thought.
But if your closing the pandora, It doesn't matter what way it's facing...

Yuglooc said:
But then you have no screen when you want to use USB-controllers but not the TV-out. (imagine while traveling or something :p).

gavie said:
Yuglooc said:
But then you have no screen when you want to use USB-controllers but not the TV-out. (imagine while traveling or something :p).

But in that case, it doesn't matter either if the connector is in the back or in the front.

Why would you want a cradle? A cradle is practically built into the design.

Also, I have a question. On the renders, it shows a mini-USB port. Is there another regular USB port, or is that it? If that's it, why have mini as opposed to regular and skip the need for an adaptor?

Yrx said:
Why would you want a cradle? A cradle is practically built into the design.

Also, I have a question. On the renders, it shows a mini-USB port. Is there another regular USB port, or is that it? If that's it, why have mini as opposed to regular and skip the need for an adaptor?
Pandora5.jpg

There`s the standard usb port in the middle, The mini-usb port is on the front.

Trooper

trooper said:
Pandora5.jpg

Trooper
Ugh, that's the worst picture out of them all to use :) The power switch was never to be part of the shoulder button as you can imagine ;)

Actually, in the latest version (part of final version) both of the USB ports are on the back. There is a full size USB Host port in the middle and the "mini-USB" port is actually a mini-AB socket with USB OTG capabilities. From that view, it would be to the left of the host port.

MWeston said:
Actually, in the latest version (part of final version) both of the USB ports are on the back. There is a full size USB Host port in the middle and the "mini-USB" port is actually a mini-AB socket with USB OTG capabilities. From that view, it would be to the left of the host port.
underneath one of the sdhc slots?

Eh, quick question while we are on topic, will it be able to charge over usb. Don't really need it, but when moving large files without a card reader it would be nice to get a charge at the same time.

whiskthecat said:
Eh, quick question while we are on topic, will it be able to charge over usb. Don't really need it, but when moving large files without a card reader it would be nice to get a charge at the same time.
Are you going to be moving files for 4-8 hours? If the answer to this question is "no" then you don't need USB charging.

MWeston said:
trooper said:
Large Pandora Picture

Trooper
Ugh, that's the worst picture out of them all to use :) The power switch was never to be part of the shoulder button as you can imagine ;)

Oops, Sorry MWeston, My bad for being a little out of date. I was being a little lazy and just picked the first render i saw that showed the standard usb port the clearest.

Trooper

Peter R said:
Are you going to be moving files for 4-8 hours? If the answer to this question is "no" then you don't need USB charging.
I realize this, I even stated that I don't really need it, I was just wondering. Also you may go over to a friends house, I doubt he has a charger for your Pandora, but if it could charge through USB there wouldn't be a problem.

Back