Action button labels: poll 2 bis

Which proposal do you like best?

• Total voters

_wb_

Microbe
Staff member
In the previous poll there were too many variants, which caused it to be hard to vote. Here are the generalized proposals, please rank all 5 of them from best to worst:

1) Pandora layout + 2 extra keys (A B Y X)

C  Y 
A      B
Z  X

C1  Y  
 A       B
C2  X

2) Non-Pandora Latin layout (A-Z)

Y   Z 
X       C
A  B

Y  X   
Z     A
C B

M Y

C     B
R G

C R
M   G

Y B

3) Greek that looks like Playstation layout (Π Ω Δ χ)

Φ  Δ     
Π      Ω
ψ  χ

λ       Δ

Π          Ω

γ       χ

ψ       Δ

Π          Ω

γ        χ

4) Pandora-like lowercase Greek layout (α β γ χ)

μ
  γ   
α      β
ν  χ

ζ  γ
α     β
ω χ

5) Alphanumeric combinations (G1-G6)

G6   G5
  G4        G2
G3   G1

wow that was quick, I guess you decided to make a separate one after all. Alright I'll give my vote

Answer all the polls o/

EDIT: I've changed my mind a few times in the course of all these polls :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well with this one I don't like how the four "Non-Pandora Latin layouts" are put into one group.

Two of those layouts are based on an existing controller-layout and somewhat common or known, while the remaining two are totally new ideas from this community. This is an important factor in my eyes and I can't really judge the whole group as one.

(apparently this was asked prior... well that happens when you don't watch the board for 12 hours, sigh)

Two of those layouts are based on an existing controller-layout and somewhat common or known, while the remaining two are totally new ideas from this community. This is an important factor in my eyes and I can't really judge the whole group as one.
If there's one in that group that you prefer, vote for the group and then have another poll later to tease out exactly which one it is that people prefer. People will complain at length regardless of what gets selected, so it doesn't make any difference.

Warm weather yesterday caused me to let my guard down but today it's back to snow and ice and bitterness. :p

I support that:

ψ       Δ

Π          Ω

γ        χ

Theses fonts look a more like letters (especially Π) it's the best balance in my opinion. I prefer ψ/γ because they are all symmetric and a bit easier to differentiate. Also it's easy to mentally separate them from others because they look alike and looks turned up contrary to others.

That poll is enough clear, I think EvilDragon will be able to make his choice.

140312045229897741.png

Bold Fonts:

Δ,χ: Georgia

Π,Ω: Lucida sans Unicode

ψ,γ: Trebuchet Ms (with modified γ to be perfectly symmetric)

Interestingly, so far the winners of each vote are:

1st favourite : Pandora layout + 2 extra keys (A B Y X)

2nd favourite : Non-Pandora Latin layout (A-Z) 

3rd favourite : Alphanumeric combinations (G1-G6)

4th favourite : Pandora-like lowercase Greek layout (α β γ χ) 

5th favourite : Non-Pandora Latin layout (A-Z)

So favourite is Pandora layout, then both the least favourite and second favourite are A-Z (seems to be a poll option with both love and hate for it) and Greek/G1-G6 fall somewhere in the middle. If the poll was to stay like this it would seem like Pandora Layout + 2 extra would be a reasonable choice.

Please don't cheat. You are supposed to rank all proposals from 1 to 5. Some people like Grench have voted 5 times for their favorite proposal.

Currently there are 31 voters. That means that each proposal should be voted for exactly 31 times in some position between 1 and 5. Yet there are 36 votes for proposal 1 and only 29 for proposal 3.

Grench, did you misunderstand the poll or intentionally fill it wrong? Either way please fix your vote. Invalid votes such as that should IMO be disqualified and discarded from any aggregate results.

Please don't cheat. You are supposed to rank all proposals from 1 to 5. Some people like Grench have voted 5 times for their favorite proposal.

Currently there are 31 voters. That means that each proposal should be voted for exactly 31 times in some position between 1 and 5. Yet there are 36 votes for proposal 1 and only 29 for proposal 3.

Grench, did you misunderstand the poll or intentionally fill it wrong? Either way please fix your vote. Invalid votes such as that should IMO be disqualified and discarded from any aggregate results.
My vote is legitimate. I find NONE of the other options viable or acceptable. It is a legitimate way to vote AGAINST the unacceptable options.

No, it is not. You can't ignore the rules of the poll just because you don't like them. You can freely not vote if you're unable to vote according to the set rules.

No, it is not. You can't ignore the rules of the poll just because you don't like them. You can freely not vote if you're unable to vote according to the set rules.
Yes, it is. To be forced to vote FOR unacceptable options - and allow them to be assigned points is flawed. It would require me to allow 'favored' points to be assigned to options I detest.

Since you and the poll creator are SO adamant, I will remove my 2nd vote on - and only vote for 1st. The rest of the options are pretty much equally bad.

Edit:

Tried to only vote for the one acceptable option on 1 and ignore the rest. I can't. "You must cast your vote in each question of the poll."

I refuse to give any positive points to the other 'options' that would require breaking compatibility with existing applications.

Still an invalid vote. You're not voting for or against, you're ordering the options based on preference. See t4b's thread for the rationale for doing it like this.

Still an invalid vote. You're not voting for or against, you're ordering the options based on preference. See t4b's thread for the rationale for doing it like this.
Then edit the poll to allow voting for 'no additional acceptable options' from the 2nd choice on.

I don't have any 2nd choices - the rest are unacceptable.

I must answer every question to vote.

There is no 'none of the above' option.

Look at it this way:

IF the poll votes are weighted as:

1st choice 5 pts

2nd choice 4 pts

3rd choice 3 pts

4th choice 2 pts

5th choice 1 pt

If graded that way, each poll user gets 15 points to assign. Picking a 2nd choice would artificially state that the voter finds another option nearly as acceptable as their first choice - that is not the actual case.

Give me an option to assign 0 points to my 2nd through 5th 'ranks' and I'll change my vote to ONLY voting for my first (and only) actual choice.

Back