Admiration

You know, that is true, we don't have DS emulation. Don't let it get you down though, I hear tell there IS a way to play DS games portably...

Oh, oh. Let me guess, let me guess...

Get a ...DS ?

Was i right? What did i win?

;- )
B!

keaft said:
I'm a big fan of the Zeq2lite project. I actually downloaded each and every individual file off their server to play the dang thing... It was totally worth it... Amazing game there.
Wait, what? How do I get the feeling here that you've downloaded them separately rather than with a single svn checkout?

EDIT: typo

Last edited by a moderator:
keaft said:
"Play station 1:
Hmm... I have no love for playstation...
Maybe being portable it will convert me."

What? Come on, you don't like neither metal gear or any final fantasy, spyro the dragon...? you should give them a change, and now with the psx emu for pandora at launch you have a nice way to play it.

guizm said:
keaft said:
"Play station 1:
Hmm... I have no love for playstation...
Maybe being portable it will convert me."

What? Come on, you don't like neither metal gear or any final fantasy, spyro the dragon...? you should give them a change, and now with the psx emu for pandora at launch you have a nice way to play it.

i want a panda mostly because of PS1

and more because i believe is the only console with nubs the only way to play "Ape Escape"
MGS i believe it will be hard to emulate but it would be great to kick the giant genola ass once again (MGS VRM)

also one oldie of namco would be super shovel (i hant seen any other simulator like that since then)

ahh of course ACEs series are top priority specially 3 electrosphere JP ver.

i will always say the classic spyro is better than the bad face one for ps2

aww the old times when you just played ate played more and slept

i hope ds emulation will come one day, thats together with psp emulation, my top 2 of software i want for the panda.
And i hope i can play dreamcast games on full speed on the pandora, but i dont know if that will happen...

DroneB Dev said:
aww the old times when you just played ate played more and slept

..And then you grew up..

I know, I know, "I don't wanna grow up, im a Toys'R'Us kid.."

-I was really excited about the PSX emulator, but the N64 is the grail, man..I'm going to have TOO MANY games in my pocket at one time. It's almost sickening! ;)

I'm not banking on it, but DC and psp emulation would be so freaking kickass. And N64 seems to be happening which is great. And I'm also looking forward to dosbox.

But... I don't care if there is a DS emulator on Pandora. It would be nice, but imho half the awesomeness of the DS is the unit itself. It would be nice, especially if it was full speed at some point, but psp would be that bit more awesome imo.

Since this topic is so we can show some appreciation, thanks to all the Pandora devs, both hardware and software.

Now excuse me, I feel like I gotta go wipe the brown off my nose :p

EDIT: spelling.

DS emulation is working on the Pandora, just not too well yet. Someone compiled it and tested it, they got around 10fps in 2D games.
They were using DeSmuME.

DS emulation is working on the Pandora, just not too well yet. Someone compiled it and tested it, they got around 10fps in 2D games.
They were using DeSmuME.
Source please :)

Enverex said:
They were using DeSmuME.
mmm, so with optimalisation we could get 10FPS in 3d games :) and with a little more we can get 15FPS in both 2d and 3d - playable.

Luftwaffles said:
They were using DeSmuME.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49175-2-players-simultaneusly-nds-question/page__view__findpost__p__749698

Cpasjuste said:
I did try desmume for fun on my pandora board. Since i know nothing in asm, there is no optimisation at all. On 2d games, i get around 10 fps or less while the cpu is clocked at 800mhz, either when using sdl or openglES for 2d rendering.

I can't imagine it would be very practical trying to play ds games on one screen though

Sugar_Kane said:
I can't imagine it would be very practical trying to play ds games on one screen though

Would work fine if you turned the Pandora sideways, at least on touch-screen based games. Would probably be fiddly for ones that used used the controls, unless ones that used the controls didn't need the screens stacked, in that situation you could just place them side by side (lots of games just use the second screen for a map or whatever, so its position doesn't matter).

Enverex said:
Luftwaffles said:
They were using DeSmuME.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/49175-2-players-simultaneusly-nds-question/page__view__findpost__p__749698

Cpasjuste said:
I did try desmume for fun on my pandora board. Since i know nothing in asm, there is no optimisation at all. On 2d games, i get around 10 fps or less while the cpu is clocked at 800mhz, either when using sdl or openglES for 2d rendering.

That's actually really cool. And faster than I expected a straight recompile to be. I'd like to see someone actually pursue that.

Sugar_Kane said:

If you use the search, you'll find plenty of topics that discuss the practicality of one Pandora screen for DS emulation, as well as numerous solutions. There's about 3 solutions that I know that I like.

On the subject of showing my appreciation:

Thanks Craig, EvilDragon, MWeston, and all the devs involved with the OS
Thanks DaveC for the cool design
Thanks Pickle and cpasjuste for the awesome and numerous ports
Thanks Squidge for SquidgeSNES and everything else you've done. ;)
Thanks Notaz for PicoDrive, and the 32X emulation whenever you add it
Thanks Ari64 so much for the N64 emulator
Thanks efegea for Pangea
Thanks Eniko for PanMMO
Thanks firefox (that is the name of the Atari Jaguar dev, right?)
Thanks to the guy who got Craig and Co. the in with TI to get the OMAP processor

And thanks to anyone who I have failed to mention. (of which I'm sure there are many)

-God Ginrai

Although there are a large number of people that deserve admiration for the Pandora, and its many emulators and programs being developed, I think that Gruso gets my biggest vote. He should be given a gold plated Pandora for his efforts.

God Ginrai said:
Thanks Craig, EvilDragon, MWeston, and all the devs involved with the OS
Thanks DaveC for the cool design
Thanks Pickle and cpasjuste for the awesome and numerous ports
Thanks Squidge for SquidgeSNES and everything else you've done. ;)
Thanks Notaz for PicoDrive, and the 32X emulation whenever you add it
Thanks Ari64 so much for the N64 emulator
Thanks efegea for Pangea
Thanks Eniko for PanMMO
Thanks firefox (that is the name of the Atari Jaguar dev, right?)
Thanks to the guy who got Craig and Co. the in with TI to get the OMAP processor

And thanks to anyone who I have failed to mention. (of which I'm sure there are many)

-God Ginrai

OMFG you didnt thank MWeston for his work on the Pandora board, no console that actually works without that.

And btw +1

Back