Adobe Flash 10.2 For Cortex A8 Linux Download?

I just submitted a request. I'll wait with you for a response.

i'm assuming you guys put somethign with a bit of weight behind it in the company box?

i'd apply for it and get it, but i work for a competitor, so can't have dealings with them XD

Reads like one of the OP team would have to make a request. . . . . .
If the OP team contacted them they'd likely have to pay licensing fees. So I don't think they really want to go down that route.

hum, the one to request to TI is "not meant for production" what does that means? do you have the right to include it in comercial product but without any kind of waranty/support, or does that mean that you are actively forbiden to distribute it that way?

You are forbidden to distribute it. It is not fit for any production system. It is meant for you to download and run on an R&D machine to see if it is suitable for your needs, and in a few months maybe they'll release something productionable.

I didn't even know there was an update. Usually I get emails but there was nothing for this one. Thanks for the notice!

I've downloaded it but I'm not in a position to do anything with it right now. I'll give it a try tonight and post an update.

http://www.ti.com/myregisteredsoftware

You need to register, possibly supply a business.

Not really seeing any major performance boost. 360p is maybe a little better, into the double digits frame rate. 240p fullscreen seems to be quite acceptably smooth at 600Mhz but that resolution was already running pretty well so it's hard to tell if there's a major improvement or not without flipping back and forth repeatedly.

One problem though. I'm not certain what triggered it, but while messing with different flash videos and swf files, somewhere along the lines the desktop crashed. I was left staring at the "wireless up/down" messages that briefly appear when going into and coming out of suspend mode. I could get to a different tty, but didn't do much experimenting. I ended up just rebooting. If it happens again, I'll see if I can get more data about the crash.

edit: install flashblock. All the stupid flash ads that appear around the page disappear. It's my unproven opinion that this makes things a little better.

edit edit: yeah, 360p is definitely worse, actually. The video plays significantly slower than the audio and takes a few seconds to catch up if you then pause the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
So nothing exciting :(

But if fullscreen works, thats an improvement. I got a white screenon you tube with the old flashplayer when entering fullscreenmode.

ctrl-alt-fn-1

edit: be aware that this only works if the xfce isn't running. I was only able to do it because the desktop crashed so there was nothing taking over the screen and input.

Last edited by a moderator:
ctrl-alt-fn-1

edit: be aware that this only works if the xfce isn't running. I was only able to do it because the desktop crashed so there was nothing taking over the screen and input.

oh, now it's clear, I tried that combination over and over from the first day after receving the Pandora :lol: maybe one day there will be the possibiity to use more than one terminal... I always found useful Linux for that

Back