Aftermarket/new Forums

zohnnyg

hi im just curious if after pandora is being made and sold will there be aftermarket parts for sale (i think aftermarket is the word im tryin to use)? you know like being able to buy new buttons, dpad, analog nubs, stylus, keymats and shoulder buttons in case we break or wear out ours.

also when pandora launches for the masses are we going to have all new forums or keep using these forums?

I think the pandora should have it's own dedicated forums, but I doubt most of the people here would agree with that since they are already registered and such here.. and even if there were new official pandora forums, they'd probably still keep these running and everyone would just continue to post here

Paradox said:
I think the pandora should have it's own dedicated forums, but I doubt most of the people here would agree with that since they are already registered and such here.. and even if there were new official pandora forums, they'd probably still keep these running and everyone would just continue to post here

Really guy? There are and have been an official forum for a while, but they are now locked. http://forum.openhandhelds.org - They were used often when GP32X was down. It's a whole story

Last edited by a moderator:
zohnnyg said:
hi im just curious if after pandora is being made and sold will there be aftermarket parts for sale (i think aftermarket is the word im tryin to use)? you know like being able to buy new buttons, dpad, analog nubs, stylus, keymats and shoulder buttons in case we break or wear out ours.
I don't have the relevant quotes to hand right now, but I'm fairly sure that selling spares in this fashion was confirmed some time ago. :) (I know that a number of folks have expressed interest in being able to buy cases for modification purposes, for example.)

EDIT: Here we are;

craigix said:
We plan to sell spares of all parts, inc the case, hinges, lcd screens, buttons, keymats, nubs, lcd cables, everything.

Like Prometheus said it has been confirmed by at least one of the OP team. I remember one distinctly that someone asked if they would have to send in their Pandora to the UK to have it fixed but Craig(or someone else from the OP team) said you could just order the parts and fix it yourself. I can't remember 'if you were able' was said, there was a lot of talk about warranties and voiding them and such, but the basic message of the thread was there will be spare parts for sell.

It was decided that gp32x is and will be the home of Pandora, so no need to fill this thread up with a new discussion about that IMO

mali said:
It was decided that gp32x is and will be the home of Pandora, so no need to fill this thread up with a new discussion about that IMO

but that's what the OP asked in his post, so that's what the topic is about. sorry.

seems to me directing pandora users to a forum called "gp32x" will just cause confusion and such, but whatever.

Paradox said:
but that's what the OP asked in his post, so that's what the topic is about. sorry.

seems to me directing pandora users to a forum called "gp32x" will just cause confusion and such, but whatever.

It doesn't seem to have caused the Wiz or Dingoo many probelms.

BaDToaD said:
Paradox said:

It doesn't seem to have caused the Wiz or Dingoo many probelms.

the what? never heard of them sorry. didn't know so many handhelds had their official forums here.

zohnnyg said:

I think the work you're looking for is spare parts.

And yes, they will be available iirc

It does come across as poor etiquette to have THE Pandora forums a sub section of a forum on a site under the name of gp32x.de, rather then having one using it's own branding and such.

But for historic reasons and community reasons, it seems better to just keep these ones. I guess people like looking at their post counts or where they feel they have some presence, compared to starting all fresh and everyone starts the same :p

MDave said:
It does come across as poor etiquette to have THE Pandora forums a sub section of a forum on a site under the name of gp32x.de, rather then having one using it's own branding and such.

But for historic reasons and community reasons, it seems better to just keep these ones. I guess people like looking at their post counts or where they feel they have some presence, compared to starting all fresh and everyone starts the same :p

If they made a new forum, with another domain, it should be possible to import the existant threads to the new forum.

openpandora.org/forums
or
forums.openpandora.org
or forum.openpandora.org, whatever.

then the wiki too =)

and irc server, email server, garrysmod server, wallpaper upload service, theme upload service, general upload service...

okay ill shut up now...

Now these forums are serviced and working well there isn't any need for new ones. These forums are on the same server as the openpandora website.

craigix said:
Now these forums are serviced and working well there isn't any need for new ones. These forums are on the same server as the openpandora website.
We'll get more specific sub topics won't we? Like one for games, one for GUI, one for media, just something to break up the 4000 + users that have problems? I'm not saying it is necessary I just think it would be a good idea.

EDIT: Oh, and spare parts will be available correct?

You will be able to buy almost all the parts yes. I will add them to gbax and I'm sure ed will add them to his site too.

You can add ^that to the long list of reasons why the company is called "open"pandora

second exodous said:
craigix said:
We'll get more specific sub topics won't we? Like one for games, one for GUI, one for media, just something to break up the 4000 + users that have problems? I'm not saying it is necessary I just think it would be a good idea.

If I remember correctly, it was said that the Pandora will get a similar set of subforums to what the GP2X has, once it is released.

-God Ginrai

Back