Release aircrack-ng

doragasu

Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. It implements the standard FMS attack along with some optimizations like KoreK attacks, as well as the PTW attack, thus making the attack much faster compared to other WEP cracking tools. In fact, Aircrack-ng is a set of tools for auditing wireless networks.

Grab it from the repo.

It's version 1.1. I have tested airodump-ng, aireplay-ng and aircrack-ng and them all worked great. If you have never used it, be warned this is not newbie friendly, read the documentation and tutorials before doing anything. This tool is dangerous for several reasons: it is used as root, and using it against a network you don't own or have not been given permission to attack is ILLEGAL and can get you in jail. You have been warned.

As this application is usually used spawning several terminal windows, I have included an alias (a command shortcut) to open new terminal windows with the environment ready to go. Just type "dup" and a new terminal will pop up.

The scripts to launch the environment are almost copied from "Kismet" package (by notaz), just modified them a bit and added stuff to allow automatically configuring wlan0 interface in monitor mode.

Enjoy!

Sorry, but I can't get it to work. Monitor mode automatically tries to put wlan0 into mon0 but my wifi is on wlan1 and when I try to manually put wlan1 to monitor mode, it says

ERROR: Neither the sysfs interface links nor the iw command is available. Please download and install iw
Can someone help me please :) )

Hmm can't get aireplay to work. Wlan0 works with airodump but says it is on a fixed channel (usually 4). Using aireplay on any other channel gives a wrong channel error despite passing a specific channel in airodump

Last edited:
Ah looks like the one in angstrom repo works with the flag

--ignore-negative-one

and using airmon to put wlan0 in monitor mode which creates mon0.

Using iwconfig results in wlan0 registering as fixed on ch 4, although airodump works, aireplay does not.

It does not allow aireplay to channel hop though

Back