Ajack's Menu Bar/icon Collection

AJack

Still Fresh
Being the obsessive compulsive type I am, I figured I ought to have a coordinated look for my Caanoo game shortcuts. Thusly:

snes.png
snesb.png

doomf.png
doomud.png

gbas.png
gbac.png

genesist.png
genesis.png

mame.png
mame.png

nesk.png
nesg.png

openjazz.png
openjazz.png

quakek.png
quake.png

scumm.png
scumm.png

For the record, I realise that my attempt to 'brand' the games with the 'Optimized for Caanoo' bars is probably wasted on everyone save myself, but there you go :)

like that and had a similar attempt...would you mind telling me wich fonts u used? or (if u made it with ps) just upload the .psd? so i probably could complete my game list?
Edit: pls just post the source, i'll find a programm to use it with :)

Those are seriously good !!!

Could you create on for SMS_SDL ? :x the Game Gear / Master System emulator from sega which i'm porting and where a beta version is availible from in the "beta section" of this (sub)forum...

I already made an icon and "banner" image, but they kinda suck hehe :)

Thanks Again for your contribution(s) they look really good !

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Before I do anything else, I need to acknowledge 'deleket' (http://deleket.deviantart.com/), the guy who created many of the controller illustrations I've used in my bars. He does great work!

derdritte said:
Thanks for this!

Can we request other icons and bars?

Sure :) Post away and I'll see what I can do.

Aion said:
Wow! Great stuff!

Thanks mate :)

Thorax said:
like that and had a similar attempt...would you mind telling me wich fonts u used? or (if u made it with ps) just upload the .psd? so i probably could complete my game list?

Ok, well the smaller font is called '04b08' and the big one is "AddLGBitmap09'. I do all my work in Adobe Fireworks rather than Photoshop, so I'll give you the base rather than a FW file:

caanoobar.png

Text shadows are all 30% opacity, outlines are all 1px thick black. Have fun!

joyrider said:
Those are seriously good !!!

Could you create on for SMS_SDL ? :x the Game Gear / Master System emulator from sega which i'm porting and where a beta version is availible from in the "beta section" of this (sub)forum...

I already made an icon and "banner" image, but they kinda suck hehe :)

Thanks Again for your contribution(s) they look really good !

Cheers mate. I'll see what I can do about a Master System/Game Gear bar for you. Annoyingly, quality images or illustrations of these older consoles are hard to come by, so it could be a little while.

Last edited by a moderator:
AJack said:
Thorax said:

Ok, well the smaller font is called '04b08' and the big one is "AddLGBitmap09'. I do all my work in Adobe Fireworks rather than Photoshop, so I'll give you the base rather than a FW file:

caanoobar.png

Text shadows are all 30% opacity, outlines are all 1px thick black. Have fun!

alright...very nice...do u mind if i post some of my game-menus here with your design?
plus: i already found out addlgbitmap09 :) but the 04b08 was hard to find :)
thanks again!

Edit: by the way: you/we could change the "optimized for cannoo" to "released by : joyrider" for example...

Edit2: First try:
sms_sdl_c.png
sms_sdl_c1.png

Edit3: Secnd try:
ohboy1.png
OhBoy.png

Edit4: I seriously love it :) (Although i'm not a perfectionist like Ajack, as i do use low quality pictures of the consoles)
a2600t.png
a2600.png

Edit5: Going on:
neogeocdt.png
neogeocd.png

ti92t.png
ti92.png

sqrxzt.png
sqrxz.png

Hey Thorax theyre just as good as the orignal ones :) although there is a small fault in the SMS_SDL one :) it's actually a Game Gear / Master System Emualtor (not just game gear :) )

if you don't want to change it or create one for both systems (sms + gg) in single shot, i'll use the SMS_SDL "banner" you already did, when i do the final version, hadn't had much time lately and it's rather late to start with something now :)

Thanks for the nice words all, and Thorax, yours look excellent!

joyrider said:
Hey Thorax theyre just as good as the orignal ones :) although there is a small fault in the SMS_SDL one :) it's actually a Game Gear / Master System Emualtor (not just game gear :) )

if you don't want to change it or create one for both systems (sms + gg) in single shot, i'll use the SMS_SDL "banner" you already did, when i do the final version, hadn't had much time lately and it's rather late to start with something now :)

i smuggled a little mastersystem-controller into the pic ;) same location, though... :)

qbertaddict said:
These are great how long until we can get a hold of them?

You can go ahead and save them to your harddrive any time you like! The files are already PNGs, so all you'll need to do is rename them to the correct file-names and drop them into your game folders.

i made some more (zombie city, zombie sorbet, snowbros2, outzone, hellfire, aim, trap75, ken's labyrinth, snake on dope, firewhip)
however there are only title-bars available for those games as i've been too lazy to make icons right now :)
i decided to move them to a dropbox-gallery:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/8904639/1/caanoo?h=257d00

@ Ajack: i put your original ones in there, too. i hope u don't mind!

Thank you AJack and Thorax for this brilliant collection of bar and icons, your work is very much appreciated! :)

Thorax said:
i made some more (zombie city, zombie sorbet, snowbros2, outzone, hellfire, aim, trap75, ken's labyrinth, snake on dope, firewhip)
however there are only title-bars available for those games as i've been too lazy to make icons right now :)
i decided to move them to a dropbox-gallery:

http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/8904639/1/caanoo?h=257d00

@ Ajack: i put your original ones in there, too. i hope u don't mind!

No worries Thorax :) Perhaps if we each keep chipping away at the various games in our own time we can eventually pile them all together on the file archive? If we double up on a few, then hey, more choice!

And to everyone else, thanks for your kind words, I'm glad you like!

Really nice, thank you AJack and Thorax!
But I wonder if someone could put all these icons and toolbars in a package, and upload it to the archive section? I tried to resave them from Dropbox but they all became JPG files (as oppose to png format). <_<

difuno said:
Really nice, thank you AJack and Thorax!
But I wonder if someone could put all these icons and toolbars in a package, and upload it to the archive section? I tried to resave them from Dropbox but they all became JPG files (as oppose to png format). <_<
u gotta press the fullsize button. the png will appear in a new window, after that u can save it as a png.
i think a package for the archive would only make sense if we got a full collection of games. unfortunately i haven't been at home for longer than 1hour these days so i hadn't have the time to make more icons/toolbars. and photoshop on my notebook is a pain...
maybe i'll find some time over the weekend...

Thank you Thorax! I really do not mind saving them one by one, so long as they are saved in PNG rather than JPG format, so that I can be sure that the quality of the nice pictures do not get reduced during conversion.
Anyway I will still look forward to seeing the complete package in the archieve section. :rolleyes:

Back