Alexkidd2x V0.6 Save Game Weirdness

Amon_Re

Afew days ago smspower released a retranslation of Phantasy Star (possibly the mother of all Japanese RPG's out there, play it! ;)) and i decided to play through it.

My emulator of choice for the Master System is AlexKidd2x, but i noticed a strange bug with it, on several occasions, i've had my savegames "revert" to a previous state, it's hard to explain, and i can't recreate it at will.

I already tried it with a new SD card (you never know ;)) but it still happens, anyone ever experianced this?

I can't get alexkidd2x to save the sram (ingame saves) with the retranslated version. How are you doing that? Also, if I try the saveslots (select+L) the save fails. I heard this may be a problem with the retranslated rom, but I'm no expert. Saves work fine with the original released american phantasy star. Go figure.

Joobloo said:
I can't get alexkidd2x to save the sram (ingame saves) with the retranslated version. How are you doing that? Also, if I try the saveslots (select+L) the save fails. I heard this may be a problem with the retranslated rom, but I'm no expert. Saves work fine with the original released american phantasy star. Go figure.
Savestates work perfectly here, maybe a bad romdump? As for the sram saves, it saves it alright, but it's unreliable, like i said, it reverts to previous states without any predictable pattern to it, continued playing the game with savestates only.

It's important to quit the emulator before shutting down your gp2x tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Which version of the retranslation are you using? I have Alexkidd2x v0.6 and v1.01 of the retranslation patch. I'm using an F200. Savestates won't work and the sram won't save. I checked the crc32 and md5 of the rom dump, and it matches the one listed in the patch's readme file. Tried two different ips patcher programs. Result was the same. All other roms work fine. It's definitely an issue between this emu and the patched rom. Did you patch the rom yourself?

Joobloo said:
Which version of the retranslation are you using? I have Alexkidd2x v0.6 and v1.01 of the retranslation patch. I'm using an F200. Savestates won't work and the sram won't save. I checked the crc32 and md5 of the rom dump, and it matches the one listed in the patch's readme file. Tried two different ips patcher programs. Result was the same. All other roms work fine. It's definitely an issue between this emu and the patched rom. Did you patch the rom yourself?
The only difference between us is that i have an F100, i did patch the rom myself using jips 3.0 iirc (linux user here), didn't try sram saves with other games yet, but savestates work perfectly, i also use the 0.6 release and 1.01 of the patch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back