ALIENS - Where Are They?

vcoleiro1

Hardcore Member
So I have been thinking about this subject for a while and thought I'd make a video of my thoughts about it. See below:

What do you think. Are there aliens out there?. Why haven't we seen them? Will we ever be able to travel to them?

I think we better keep quiet.

Alien finding us might be one of the most dangerous threads Earth could face

Nah. "d" and "t".

At least chances are high I won't make that mistake again ;)

I think we better keep quiet.
I agree. I think that a race able to colonize space, is a race able to take over planets full of resources. Just look at what happened to exploration of new continents.

If there is a chance of encountering aliens, then they would most likely be inorganic AI (or perhaps DNA fragments at best), as that would stand a better chance of surviving the extremes of radiation, temperature, time, etc involved in deep space travel.

If there is a chance of encountering aliens, then they would most likely be inorganic AI (or perhaps DNA fragments at best), as that would stand a better chance of surviving the extremes of radiation, temperature, time, etc involved in deep space travel.

That's what my Physics Professor said.

If Alien will visit us it will be non organic life.

Last edited:
@kuru

I thought there was a thread on it, but I couldn't find it. And I started it , you think I would have remembered what it was called.

Don't be silly guys. There are singularities at the center of every heavenly body... The species that are capable of it travel amongst the stars this way. All the singularities are connected, so as long as you know where you are going you can travel anywhere... even other galaxies. And by the way... what makes you think the Aliens aren't already here? Why can't you see them you ask? Do you even know what you're looking for?

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

The other, when getting out of a nearby bar, I saw a bunch of aliens.
The day after I woke up with a furious headache. I guess they shot me with some kind of laser.

I have a suspicion that Einstein was spot on with his theory of general relativity, at least in terms of getting physical bodies up to light speed. Space is just do big, and even with all of those new exoplanets discovered last month they're just too far away. Aliens could well have a head start on life on this planet, but even if they set out when we were little more than primordial soup, I doubt they'd get here before the heat death of the universe.

probably better to send a rocket with bacterial lifeforms known to be good at producing decent atmosphere, pre-seed these TRAPPIST places (if they don't already harbor life, which then we probably shouldn't release the bugs), and move on from there.

they are only 40 light years away or so, which is, of course, quite a distance, but somewhat doable (around 40 years transit time for us if we can accelerate well, and less time for those onboard).

but yes, like levi, i'm also very pessimistic about space travel in general. it takes too long to have meaningful space-cowboy stories. but maybe we can incubate babies on the way over and have robo nannies / telepresence bots, and tell them, when they land, "hey, your mission, regardless of whether you choose to accept, is to make a base here. good luck. we'll be here, although the responsiveness of a 80-year time delay is quite bad, we'll have some robots there who have wikipedia memorized..."

It's perfectly possible that we are the equivalent of the species that was seeding all those planets in Star Trek.
Maybe we are alone but our (far) descendants don't have to be if a proper space seed program is done before humanity itself is dead.

I quite enjoy stories of whimsical gods or aliens burying fossils of dinosaurs to really fuck with science (Douglas Adams I think), but it'd be an awful lot of work given how far back we can trace the movement of rocks these days, and the fossils within also provide a handy timeline of life. It's perfectly possible they seeded life back in the proterozoic but they'd have had to come back regularly to check things and to adjust things. Hmm, maybe that's what the six mass extinction events so far were about, thinking on it.

If they haven't found us yet, they might be even more primitive than us. And believe me, I wouldn't be surprised if we find some aliens in their type of stone-age - that's pretending that we found interstellar travel before them.

By logic I would assume that if aliens travel through space they are doing it really fast and you would only know if their destination would be earth, as it would be the only time they would stop traveling.
As there are many planets they might have been here but if they would visit frequently we would know or they have a good reason for us not to know (or we are already keeping them away so they can't visit anymore).

In case other planets have life that is not yet advanced we wouldn't know until we reached them, but there is no reason why that couldn't happen. What would we do, just keep away or say "Hi, we are from earth!" and maybe just hide and observe.

If we were to follow the explanation that there are no higher life-forms in existence then there is some great filter (see e.g. Wait But Why). In this case there are three options:
  • We're rare (filter is behind us, we are one of the few to pass it)
  • We're first (same, we're (among) the first to pass it)
  • We're fucked (the filter is ahead of us)
Of these three, the latter seems to be the most likely solution.

Back