All Refunds Not Sent Yet

Chip

[Insert Custom Title Here]
Website
chipandre.com
Update - Dec 7
Just got another message from Craig. As has become obvious, the refunds have not all been processed yet. They have been processed on our end, and the bank had told us that everything was done a week ago when this topic was first started, but clearly this was not the case. They now admit that they have yet to process a good chunk of the US refunds. We're told they "should be done this week", but we've heard that before. Further details will be posted when I get them.

---

I just got a message from Craig that, as far as he knows, all refunds have been sent. If you did not get an email, you are probably safe. It wouldn't be a bad idea to check your credit card / bank account in about a week, just in case your email provider blocked the email for some reason. The credit card re-order page will be up very soon. Now that the bank is processing refunds in a timely manner, this whole reordering mess should be behind us in another week or two.

The final design files for the keypad have been sent to the company which is making the molds, and they are working on them. This is a very exacting process, as these molds will be used to make all the Pandora keypads, and they have to be just right. We expect them to be done soon and we can start making keypads. Once we have keypads, we will have finished Pandoras to show off.

There are now about 30 dev boards in the hands of (or in the mail to) software devs. We should start to see pics and video of a lot more projects in the coming days.

Thanx chip your the best...first time posting on the board. Did not get an email so hope everything cool. Long live pandora

Chip,

We need to know how long we have to reorder and when the new credit card page is expected. Craig mentioned a % additional charge, we need to know this also.
Please try to get answers as soon as you can.

Thanks Chip.

To all other information seekers like myself who are curious about breakdowns of who got refunds and who didn't, or reasons as to why some cards got refunded and others not, I'm going to post preemptively and say we're likely to never get this information, most likely because the old bank are still likely to wield some legal control over this information and Craig likely isn't going to be able to say all the nasty things he'd like to about the bank. Unlike other engineering information involving chips and solder, the bankers are people in suits and ties.. people to be avoided at all costs. ;)

Chip/Craig can feel free to contradict me on this. :)

I appear to have avoided a refund email/credit, but I am in North America, I ordered *really* late and it could be a while before it shows up.

Yay no email for me, hope it truly does stay that way.

Edit: i am in USA, CA as well.

Edit Edit: I have posted my receiving of refund email on page 7

YES! I'm really glad I didn't get refunded, because I wouldn't be able to reorder. Also great news about the keypads, I can't wait to see a finished Pandora :D

Can someone else from the united states who ordered with a credit card confirm that some of us, indeed, did not get reorder emails?
I fit the above category, and I didn't get one, but I want to be sure since I noticed that my original preorder email came about eight hours later than everyone elses'.

jbr said:
...I noticed that my original preorder email came about eight hours later than everyone elses'.
That happened to me, too. I put my name on both the German and English openpandora mailing lists (.org and .de), and the German one came roughly an hour after pre-orders started, while the English one came over 6 hours after the pre-orders started. Unfortunately, I can't confirm that some Americans didn't get refunded because I did :( .

Edit: Clarification

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... I never got any emails so I guess I'm safe, and my original order & payment is still valid?

I hope so.

I'm in NC, USA.

EDIT: MY REFUND EMAIL CAME TODAY. :-(

Back