All Things Rock And Punk!!!

Hmmm, wow. Of all the punk bands that I've ever listened and decided was crap by this time in my life, Bad Religion was the one that I decided wasn't crap. Bad Religion is cool, and I grew up in the same general area as them. :D Yeah, they're local heroes as such, or at least to me they are, especially considering most everything else I hear in my area as far as locals sucks ass. Just wait until I can start my own band! It's not going to be punk though.

I don't know people. If you like gothic industrial rock, check out 'Numb' by Coma. If any of you recognize it for some reason, that's because it was the theme song basically for Hunter: The Reckoning on the Xbox.

The local heroes from my area Howards alias a now renowned ska band, they came from my skool and i quite foten see em about places, i'm also mates with now ex trumpeter Rob's brother so i see him often!

Akuma no Houkon posted on May 2 2004 at 12:00 PM said:
I have a large Bad Religion tatoo (the crossbuster) on the upper part of my left arm. :)
cool can we have a picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
finty101 posted on May 2 2004 at 08:01 AM said:
Akuma no Houkon posted on May 2 2004 at 12:00 PM said:
I have a large Bad Religion tatoo (the crossbuster) on the upper part of my left arm. :)
cool can we have a picture?

I took one awhile ago when I had a nice sony digitial camera, but I cant seem to find it, and I sold my camera to get the $ to buy my GP32 lol, but if anyone I know still has a copy ill get it, or borrow the camera for a few minutes and take a picture.

Does ne1 know what this classic reggae song is theres a snippet of it on the sublime album 40oz to freedom, i thought it was bob marley but me mum says its not its someone else but she cant remember the words go sumink like:

Stop your messin around, (vocal aah aah's), better think of your future,

Neway ne1 know wot it is?

Erm, I'm not up on Reggae.

I like mostly classic punk from the early 70's to mid to late 80's.

Alice Donut
Butthole Surfers
Crass
Dead Kennedys
Descendents
Fugazi
GBH
Husker Du
MDC
Minor Threat
Pussy Galore
Ramones
Sex Pistols

.. and many, many bands I can't think of at the moment :lol:

My music mostly consists of:

Bad Religion
Rise Against
Anti-Flag
Dead Kennedys
Subhumans
AFI
Rancid
OpIvy
Jello Biafra
Millencolin
NOFX
Pennywise
Misfits
Black Flag
System of a Down
Minibosses!

And various other artists that have a few songs I enjoy.
I am sure there are many more but its almost 4 AM and I need more coffee!

Theres some killer bands doing the rounds inthe UK at the moment, heres what I'm listening to rock wise....

Black Rebel Motorcycle Club
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Kings of Leon
The Datsuns
Roots Manuva
AudioSlave
Queens of the Stone Age

and in the Dance category....

Primal Scream
Crystal Meth
Future Sound of London
Soulwax - 2 many DJs
Prodigy

:)

EDIT: Can someone shoot "Busted", I'll pay money :)

Rock I'm mostly listening to this week:

Ben Kweller
BRMC
Blonde Redhead
Queens of the Stone Age
The Strokes
The Vines
The Von Bondies
The White Stripes

Though I guess I mostly listen to indie, not sure if that counts as rock...

PS What's all the The's these days?

PPS I'll contribute to the shoot Busted fund, can we get a 2 for 1 and include Mcfly? They're basically the same anyway!

Damn, I must be like the only person here who listens to anything heavy. I really don't like punk music anyways. I especially hate the shit that's popular on MTV and Fuse right now. Crap like Yellowcard and Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Steriogram.

Hm, I don't listen to all rock, I also listen to techno as well (thank you di.fm). There unfortunately hasn't been a whole lot of good stuff on the hard rock/heavy metal scene lately. Right now it's all death metal and black metal. So it's hard to list crap that I like that' being played right now. The only ones I can think of is like Orgy or something. Everything else is kind of old.

Yeah, it sucks for me. It seems the music scene is so boring right now. We need a new KoRn for this generation of listeners or something.

honestly, I hate punk and ­"rock". For example: The White Stipes, they use crapy simple retard drum beats and people call them talented...kill them. I also dont like all this other crap on the radio like Simple Plan, I don't really hear much other punk than that (cept' for the local punk scene which seems to draw insperation from Simple Plan ugh) so don't yell at me cause of my Biased opinion. And yes, I do hate rap too.

NssOne posted on May 3 2004 at 01:47 PM said:
Yeah, it sucks for me. It seems the music scene is so boring right now. We need a new KoRn for this generation of listeners or something.
I feel sorry for you, I'm loving all the great bands around at the moment! If you liked nu-metal than I guess you'll have to find something new...

I don't think we needed the old KoRn to be honest. :p

Enslaved posted on May 3 2004 at 02:22 PM said:
honestly, I hate punk and "rock". For example: The White Stipes, they use crapy simple retard drum beats and people call them talented...kill them. I also dont like all this other crap on the radio like Simple Plan, I don't really hear much other punk than that (cept' for the local punk scene which seems to draw insperation from Simple Plan ugh) so don't yell at me cause of my Biased opinion. And yes, I do hate rap too.
Get urself some:

Sublime
Pennywise
NOFX
Shootin Goon
Lightyear
Howards Alias

and the list goes on...........................

The bands you named i.e simle plan are not punk in the slightest, they're just shit so i agree yes but listen to some proper punk or ska and then you'll know how good it can be, and see i told you all that without flaming you!

I'm just saying taht the mainstream idea of punk is very off, even though I don't really listen to punk. The songs they play on the radio make people hate punk and go to rap. But I know an example of a punk band going gay and thats with the shit they play on the radio by Rancid, its all gay and like "if a fall back down" and he sounds like Elmer fucking Fudd.

How much are we talkin??

It'd have to be a Mars Bar or something so you can plug their arses from spouting such utter crap :D

311 are good. Saw them a few years ago in Anaheim, they're kind of anti-MTV and would probably appeal to that crowd :)

Back