Amiga Inc About To Target The Gp2x?

Amon_Re

Amiga Inc's site's been updated again, it's still ugly enough to want to gauge your eyes out with a rusty fork, but what i don't particulary like is the fact there's a GP2X on that site....

Goto their "about" page, en hover over the girl in the flash movie....

Interesting.
The funny thing is: The girl in the picture has a USB Host mod in the gp2x. Look at the USB port just besides the SD-Card slot.

Amiga Inc. is just nothing, they go nowhere. Actualy only Hyperion is updating The official AmigaOS to AmigaOS4 for PPC specific hardware and the other alternative are MorphOS (AmigaOS like for PPC specific hardware) and ArOS (Portable AmigaOS like but desing to work on x86 hardware)

Amiga Anywhere version 2.0 is a new version that has been developed by Amiga and its development team. This new version will allow for quicker deployment and scaling functions on more devices, and by summer 2007 will include support for Linux, and Symbian devices.

I think that means that it will support the gp2x. ;)

Digitalrat said:
Amiga Anywhere version 2.0 is a new version that has been developed by Amiga and its development team. This new version will allow for quicker deployment and scaling functions on more devices, and by summer 2007 will include support for Linux, and Symbian devices.
I think that means that it will support the gp2x. ;)

Amiga Inc actually making new products? You still believe in miracles? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, that's strange: It looks like a GP, but there is no stick and you can't see the GPH-logo!! :huh:
I think that this has no particular meaning or sense for us. They just took the form of the GP to say that they will develop for several pocket pcs ...... they could have taken the form of the psp, too, but this form is well-known, so everybody could see that this is a marketing trick.
Say it loud, or never ...... :p

stay cheesey

Yep, just graphics filler. They even covered their asses by removing the GP2X logo from top-left, and removing GamePark Holdings from bottom-center. It's actually quite depressing to see a company hanging by its last threads :(

Amiga Inc. and products? Good joke. ;)

I have been following the delevelopments in the Amiga scene for some years now, out of interest, if the Amiga might succeed in a comeback. But since quite some time, the Amiga seems to go downhill and becoming retro once and for all.
AmigaOS 4 is still being developed, yes but there is no hardware, no computer avaiable to run it on, since the production of the AmigaOne boards has ceased long ago.
They have an OS but no system to run it on. This is becoming extremly frustating and has accelerated the shrinking of the userbase.

Amiga Inc. is the main cause for all this misery. They are sitting on the rights and licenses, simply doing nothing at all. There seems to be zero activity other than ridiculous partnerships with sports teams and halfhearted re-designs of their website.
But they are doing nothing to help AmigaOS 4 get a chance. Some guys in Italy are working on a OS4-compatible ppc-board ("Samantha") but nobody knows if they will get a license.
It looks like the Amiga is dying and Amiga Inc. doesn't care at all. Instead, they are teaming up with the city of Kent, investing millions into the construction of a "Amiga Center" or whatever it is called, some kind of a community center.
Its just sad. A company selling nothing, unwilling to support their only interesting product (OS4), a company that is doing almost nothing now is throwing away its money.

If Amiga Inc. would get involved with GPH, it would be a bad omen for sure.
But I think thats very improbable. They just needed a picture of some handheld and photoshopped that thing together.

Back