An Amazing Idea!

whiskthecat

whiskthecat
Website
pigliver.blogsite.org
I was sitting infront of the comp screen looking at the 32x homepage when an idea slapped me in the face.

I should tell all those photoshop designers about the gp2x and how you can make skins. Anyway here is what i told the guys at gamerenders.com

You designers are gonna love this. Btw this is not spam although it may sound like it :rolleyes: . The gp2x is a handheld gaming device that is linux based and is fully open source. To get staight to the point i would like to tell you guys that it is skinnable. Ohhh yes. There are already about 20 skins but nothing compared to the work ive seen on this board. You dont have to own one to make the skins. Its really simple you just download the default skin and edit the png.'s the possibiliteis are endless and this is the easist way to make you own gui for a great system. Please check it out because i know youll enjoy it and the gp2x community would surely appreciate it. For more info and the default skin pack visit www.gp32x.de

I just hope someone listens and checks it out because those guys could make some amazing skins and they love games. I thought i would let you guys know so you would also tell others via forums about the gp2x. Basically I am saying that its a great time to start recruiting designers and coders.B)

Last edited by a moderator:
You were right, it did sound like spam.

It's hard to advertise a website without sounding like spam B)

Ohh and btw i have gotton a few replies and it turns out none of them have any idea what i am talking about. They dont know linux or open source and they definatly dont know gp2x. Heres a few replies.

he wants u 2 make a skin 4 his lil portable game soo he can sell it n u dont get paid i think -.-

Hmm great spirits. (maybe this wasnt a great idea)

Another person also said

Whats This? Bread?

Yea pretty random if you ask me. Or maybe im just spoiled from the niceness and intelligence of the gp32x members. :D hehe

Sounds like the responses I get when I try to explain what GP2X is ...

Since I'm so quick, here ya go:

How to make you own skins for the GP2X

• Download the default skin package here: Default skin pack
• Load each image into your favorite image-editing app (one that supports .png images, since the GP2X uses a lot of 'em)
• Replace each image with what ever the heck you want (keep it clean if you're going to upload it, ok?)
• Save the new image in the same folder, overwriting the orignal (*be sure to keep the same file extension .. i.e. .png, or .jpg)
• Load all the newly altered images, in their respective folders onto your SD card, along with the imgal.gpu file
• Boot up the GP2X, run the imgal.gpu app from utilites, wait for the black screen (should be 5-10 seconds)

Voila! You should now see your new custom skin in action :)

*Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for anyone's lack of artistic skills, or common sense which may render some icons unreadable, and in turn, making menu navigation damn near impossible ;)

Since I'm so quick, here ya go:

How to make you own skins for the GP2X

• Download the default skin package here: Default skin pack
• Load each image into your favorite image-editing app (one that supports .png images, since the GP2X uses a lot of 'em)
• Replace each image with what ever the heck you want (keep it clean if you're going to upload it, ok?)
• Save the new image in the same folder, overwriting the orignal (*be sure to keep the same file extension .. i.e. .png, or .jpg)
• Load all the newly altered images, in their respective folders onto your SD card, along with the imgal.gpu file
• Boot up the GP2X, run the imgal.gpu app from utilites, wait for the black screen (should be 5-10 seconds)

Voila! You should now see your new custom skin in action :)

*Disclaimer: I take no responsibility for anyone's lack of artistic skills, or common sense which may render some icons unreadable, and in turn, making menu navigation damn near impossible ;)

I was thinking of something more like the user guide. You know in the nice pdf and with the pretty color pictures for the (slow) people. But, great start. I'm workin on the pdf right now. B)

I like 50 Cent
He reminds me Spongebob
And Tony Yayo is Blues Clues
And Lloyd Banks is Dora the Explorer
They're my friends
Psyche

*Off topic*

Alright daclassicgamingmaster a*k*a The Game You've been listening to that Ghost Unit cd's intro to much!!!

You were right, it did sound like spam.

It's hard to advertise a website without sounding like spam B)

Ohh and btw i have gotton a few replies and it turns out none of them have any idea what i am talking about. They dont know linux or open source and they definatly dont know gp2x. Heres a few replies.

he wants u 2 make a skin 4 his lil portable game soo he can sell it n u dont get paid i think -.-

Hmm great spirits. (maybe this wasnt a great idea)

Another person also said

Whats This? Bread?

Yea pretty random if you ask me. Or maybe im just spoiled from the niceness and intelligence of the gp32x members. :D hehe

unfucking beliveble! :ph34r: :blink:
that's why I hate 99% of the phtoshopers... dude, try gug...

link: http://gug.sunsite.dk

cheers

You might want to go check it out, it appears one of the mods on that forum has spammed your post.

When I refreshed the page, he made his own spamming post at the bottom.

Wierd forum, I don't think you should have signed up for it.

I like 50 Cent
He reminds me Spongebob
And Tony Yayo is Blues Clues
And Lloyd Banks is Dora the Explorer
They're my friends
Psyche

*Off topic*

Alright daclassicgamingmaster a*k*a The Game You've been listening to that Ghost Unit cd's intro to much!!!
hehe GGGG G U-NOT!

great intro (song in general :lol: )

Back