Analogue Capture?

sausage

Still Fresh
Website
waynejohnson.net
Hi Guys,

One application I would like to use my pandora for: is for nightly video capture using a analogue composite video cable. Are there any options for the Pandora to do this?

Being a linux based machine I can easily compile up a source version of 'motion' and any required source drivers.

My blockage is the hardware. Perhaps adding something like this composite to USB 2.0 adapter could be the answer: http://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/1376/350_COMP-C200.jpg

Anyone have experience or success with these dongles using video4linux?

Any other options or ideas? Tried to get a photo of the back of the Pandora to look at the ports but these shots are a bit few and far between. Is that an ext port at the back? Any options down the road there?

yet another thread about Video In devices.

well, lets keep talking on this one, since we dont want some gravedigging.

i recall 2 models have been tested on vainilla x86 linux and they required no drivers and being supported in the actual kernel version.

There's been some threads on the subject, like http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50438-pandora-video-in/

Last edited by a moderator:
USB would be the way to go, unless you have something to sling the import over wi-fi. There are various devices to do this like the one you linked, a google search for 'videomate c200 linux' and the same for any other device would probably tell you if it'll work. I've personally use the 'Dazzle DVD recorder (DVC100)' on Windows 7 for component, the quality isn't bad. But it's not really good enough for archival purposes, I don't know if any cheap USB device will be good for that.

Thanks, Multiplex. That does give me some hardware leads and possibilities. I'll watch that that thread for the results.

If it doesn't work out, well.. I'll just keep the current linux capture box in place, and use the pandora for other things. Current setup works pretty sweet.

Thanks, fischju2000. yeah quality isn't too much of a killer so I'll look that device up.

For a "chook verses fox" security system, quality's not too crucial. :) Yeah there's a nightshot camera mounted in the chook house. :)

Back