Another Handeld Sugestion For Panda Team.

zaoin

Website
Visit site
Pandora is impressive and high-end. Wiz seems a great device. Dingoo is cheap and useful.

Has Pandora's team thought some time to create a low-end and cheap device like Dingoo?

Dingoo seems great to me for the money but I don't trust chinese. I think its development will stop soon or later. And I would trust more on Pandora's team for the devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
'ndbsolar' said:
The Pandora is cheap. what are you talking about??
Yes. Pandora is cheap for what it does. I simply don't have enough money. :)
Gp32 is no option because of SMC.

If you can't afford/don't need a Pandora, and don't trust the Dingoo, I think you should get a Wiz as it will do everything the A320 will and more. Unless you can't afford a Wiz. :(

'ndbsolar' said:
The Pandora is cheap. what are you talking about??
Dingoo $85
Wiz $180
Pandora $330

The Pandora is only cheap compared to other moblie internet devices like the Aigo or M1.

'arrrgh' said:
If you can't afford/don't need a Pandora, and don't trust the Dingoo, I think you should get a Wiz as it will do everything the A320 will and more. Unless you can't afford a Wiz. :(
For emulation I only "need" gba. And Dingoo just works. But I don't trust it. And yes, I cannot afford a Wiz now. Anyway I think it's better to wait what scene will do with these devices.

'Xmoon' said:
'arrrgh' said:
For emulation I only "need" gba. And Dingoo just works. But I don't trust it. And yes, I cannot afford a Wiz now. Anyway I think it's better to wait what scene will do with these devices.

If you only need gba, you might as well go the gba + flash cart route. It'll probably cost about as much as a Dingoo, but you'll get the peace of mind from owning a Nintendo device.

'mr.bear' said:
If you only need gba, you might as well go the gba + flash cart route. It'll probably cost about as much as a Dingoo, but you'll get the peace of mind from owning a Nintendo device.
No media player.

get a DS and homebrew card. With the DSi out, the DS Light is going to drop in price, at least second hand on e-bay if not in retail. Media players there for you.

'WizardStan' said:
get a DS and homebrew card. With the DSi out, the DS Light is going to drop in price, at least second hand on e-bay if not in retail. Media players there for you.
:) Thanks for the suggestion. But I don't like to reencode.

'Xmoon' said:
WizardStan said:
So, you have a number of avenues to pursue but they are either too much work for you or require you to buy from someone you don't trust. So the logical solution is to get OP to design a device just or you, in a market area already flush with options (and therefor not profitable)?

'BackAssward' said:
'Xmoon' said:

So, you have a number of avenues to pursue but they are either too much work for you or require you to buy from someone you don't trust. So the logical solution is to get OP to design a device just or you, in a market area already flush with options (and therefor not profitable)?

U seem a slight bit sarcastic with that remark? LOL

@ OP- Seriously though.....every device requires work......even the amazing iphone is a pain in the ass to get used too. So just quit yer whining...

DSR

craigix once told me that if OP were doing a handheld with the Wiz's specifications they could get it out in much less than the price Wiz costs. If you look at A320's specs, which even excel Wiz's in some areas, then it's not hard to see how this could be true. You might think that 3D acceleration makes a big difference cost-wise, but the price of the Pollux SoC is quite low, and the Wiz doesn't use much else aside from it.

[quote name='dsraa' date='Apr 9 2009, 06:51 PM' post='718489']
[quote name='BackAssward' date='Apr 9 2009, 06:33 PM']
@ OP- Seriously though.....every device requires work......even the amazing iphone is a pain in the ass to get used too. So just quit yer whining...
DSR
[/quote]

:)

I suppose I got used too much with a tapwave zodiac.

This is the first time I heard of the dingoo. Currently the emulation for Snes is not perfect?

Back