Another queue jumper

Keppy

Still Fresh
Well after some thinking I've gone and ordered a premium, originally I was near the end of batch 1 :) but have been keeping an eye on the project for some time.

Anyway can't wait to get my hands on my own pandora finally and join in the awesomeness :D

Also wondering if it's easy to get a LAMP server set up? and whats on offer IDE wise for html/php development on the pandora? if anyone can help/point me in the right direction

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I picked up my unit earlier and it's brilliant, but everyone knows that ;)

I met Jacquelyn, who's very kind and helpful, kudos to her, and the awesome pink hair!

For any wondering about the number of units with problems, while I was talking to her she happened to mention approx 4 out of the last 500 had issues reported to her (0.8%). Just incase anyone who looks at the forums is thinking 'ZOMG dey all breakzez'.

Here's my first impressions:

Case:

Much better than I expected, quite professional looking, only copmlaint would be the lid doesnt quite close properly on the left side, doesn't bother me though. Was suprisingly heavier than I expected too but not irritatingly so.

Controls:

The look of the nubs quite suprised me when I first saw them in person, but they are actually pretty good, shoulder buttons are brilliant, d-pad seems brilliant too, but I think there's a problem with mine (pressing right requires extra pressure, more than that required to press it in). ABXY do their job fine.

Screen:

Much nicer than I'd imagined, and pretty bright (full brightness in the dark will probably ruin your eyes). very clean and sharp.

The hinge is suprisingly good, personaly I don't like it tilted horizontally but it holds totaly fine at any angle.

Software:

Not tried minimenu yet, just XFCE. All seems reasonable, I flashed straight to hotfix 5 RC2 when I got it. There's definatly some room for improvement but it is quite nice at the moment and quite usable even for someone who's a bit of a linux noob like me.

Packaging: Lots and lots of bubble wrap! Quickly looking at the quick-start guide it seems pretty professional to me.

Overall: Awesome.

You were close enough to pick it up and didn't just offer to help assembly? Did you order before Craigix said you could just help and get your Pandora right then? You could have had it like ages ago.

The lid being slightly 'up' on the left is normal, a minor flaw in the moulding unfortunately. The d-pad should sort itself out with use.

Welcome to the club. :)

You were close enough to pick it up and didn't just offer to help assembly? Did you order before Craigix said you could just help and get your Pandora right then? You could have had it like ages ago.

Earlier on I thought about helping out but I was fairly busy finishing my degree (dissertation in particular), I offered again more recently but apparently he had all the people he needs for assembly. Not sure how much use I'd have been to be honest :lol:

@Gruso Good to know, I'll give the d-pad some more time before I throw a hissy fit :p

Back