Another UMPC - Ockel Sirius A

Alperoot

Welcome! Welcome to Airstrip 17.
Ockel Sirius A: the World's Most Versatile Mini PC
An ultra small PC with 6-inch touchscreen and battery for a full Windows 10 experience at any time.

Is this even considered a competitor to the GPD Win? It's definitely not for Pyra... What do you guys think about it?

I might be the only one to think this, but that narrator's voice is more than a tad patronising / irritating for my liking.

Nice touch (no pun intended) regarding it doubling as an input device for itself but I'd far rather stick with my Raspberry Pi (collection) or even my PocketCHIP.

More like competition to the Surface and other tablets .
No keyboard and no gaming controls, it shouldn't even be considered to be in the same category as Win or Pyra.

What I like: 2x USB 3.0, USB-C, Ethernet and Displayport as well as HDMI. The Size and the processor.

What I dislike: Windows, No Keyboard.

What might be bad: Only 3000 mAh battery. Look how long the GPD WIN lasts with its twice as big battery

What is one of the best computer related jokes I've ever seen:
msb4pkosczblgeubxtph.jpg

mrr4vs9nrgkvihio7idv.jpg

No keyboard is what kills it for me, but I do like that we are short of seeing a very small return of UMPC's with devices like the Pyra, GPD Win and now this. Also I think there where one called the minotaur one.

I might be the only one to think this, but that narrator's voice is more than a tad patronising / irritating for my liking.

My main issue with it was the pronunication of 'sirius' was more akin to that of 'serious' to me. Ockin Sirius A = Ockin, serious eh?

I think that promo was shot in such a way to make the device look smaller than it actually is, somehow. I first noticed the RJ54 port on the back looked a bit shrunken and squashed. But it still looks a bit small to pack a decent battery in there, even if they have managed to get some wedge shaped battery, so I suspect off charge runtime will be limited.

I think that promo was shot in such a way to make the device look smaller than it actually is, somehow. I first noticed the RJ54 port on the back looked a bit shrunken and squashed. But it still looks a bit small to pack a decent battery in there, even if they have managed to get some wedge shaped battery, so I suspect off charge runtime will be limited.

It's 3000 mAh.
Half of the Pyra Battery, less than half of the GPD WIN.

@Urben: rofl!

I do not like the name of the device. It is not a name that sounds destined for greatness.
"Wedge", sounds better, like "goo-etch" (kinda like whoosh).
Wedge also means in-between. Not a tablet, not a desktop.
Wedge also means bridging that gap of bothness...
It also sounds like Wii Edge! (1. get sued by N? 2.???? 3. Profit?)

Now its like... uh... Occulus Serious Ah?

Last edited:
Pretty much the same concept as the Gole1 only a bit faster and far more expensive.

Battery life isn't what is important in these. Think of the battery as a short-run UPS. Put the unit in stand-by mode, go somewhere else, plug in and back to where you were. By having a battery and a touchscreen display, they get to have the Win10 license for free.

Batteries make a terrible UPS though; most modern phones that draw high current burn out their batteries in a year or two, but that's okay because nobody keeps a flagship phone for that long. Actually my Pandora was a high current device for a few years before Notaz implemented the idle improvements, burning through 90% of its battery every day, and it's a wonder how its battery still seems to be in relatively good condition. I guess there are batteries and then there are batteries.

What is with the cracked desert dirt design on the back of it?
cracktreefinal.jpg

Does it not look similar?

Back