Any Bittorrent Users Here?

bast525

I wasn't sure where to put this... sorry if it's in the wrong spot.

Anyways, was just wondering what everyone thinks is the better BT download client to use. I have been using Shadows Experimental forever, but I guess it is outdated now and has problems getting a lot of torrents. Someone recommened Azureus to me but I had a lot of problems with it and I think it was spyware so got rid of it. So what do you guys recommend to use for getting torrents?

bast525 posted on Feb 27 2005 at 03:45 AM said:
I wasn't sure where to put this... sorry if it's in the wrong spot.

Anyways, was just wondering what everyone thinks is the better BT download client to use. I have been using Shadows Experimental forever, but I guess it is outdated now and has problems getting a lot of torrents. Someone recommened Azureus to me but I had a lot of problems with it and I think it was spyware so got rid of it. So what do you guys recommend to use for getting torrents?

stick with shadows :p your askin for trouble otherwise

Last edited by a moderator:
BitTornado, I`ve only used it a couple of times (mule is my friend), But it was recommended by quite a few people here. And has good speed and no spyware etc.

Trooper

ugh... thanks for the tip though spaceboy.

just curious... as I mentioned, I already installed that Azureus one, but it was freaking out from the start and locked up windows twice, so I uninstalled it, erased all the files in its directory, removed it's entries from the registry using regedit... it seems to be fully gone.

I did scan it for viruses before installing it and scanned the installed files for viruses as well and came up clean, also I did a scan for spyware and found nothing. So I should be okay right? I know some spyware is not always detectable... anyone know if this Azureus installs spyware and what I should look for maybe?

And last question, does Shadows get updated at all? I've been told I have problems getting lots of torrents because it's outdated.

I have the latest Java, and installed Azureus and had lots of problems :( It kept trying to auto update and then locking up... really retarded and it caused blue screen of death twice and then windows wouldn't even start, I had to go in safe mode to remove it. So I think I'll skip Azureus....

trooper posted on Feb 27 2005 at 04:08 AM said:
BitTornado, I`ve only used it a couple of times (mule is my friend), But it was recommended by quite a few people here. And has good speed and no spyware etc.

Trooper
BitTornado has done me well too. :D

ABC.

Its easy as hell, and still has a lot of features.I tried a few others (azureus, Bitcomet) but all were too complicated IMO.

trooper posted on Feb 27 2005 at 09:52 PM said:
BitTornado

Trooper

Well spoken sir.

I use BitTornado. It lets you choose which ports to use (so you can will always know which ports to forward through your router/firewall) and there are plenty of other options to tinker with too if you feel that way inclined.

Back