Any comic lovers here?

sm0kew0n

Very Active Member
I have bunch of DC/Marvel/other comics from the '80s and '90s I want to get rid of. There is load of 2000AD, Slaine, Neil Gaiman (Black Orchid, Sandman, Mr Hero), Fantastic Four, Avengers, Flash, Spiderman and oddball one offs etc. etc.

Are there any good online resources to value these? or they a hassle to sell these days? I've not been into comics for years and now I need to do middle aged things to my house so they need gone.

If anyone here has an interest I may put them in the trading thread.

Cheers.

Sadly, most stuff from the late 80's in to the 90's was overproduced beyond reason, and outside of a few titles, most aren't worth much. All you would need to do is check each book against Ebay prices and go from there, as condition is everything in the world of comic book collecting. If all your books are well read, and just in OK condition, most will be trash(or donate to local library).

I've actually been selling comics and related items for a friend who closed his comic shop back in late 2014. I'm just now getting to the actual comic books, as I've mostly been selling statues and trade paper back books over the last few years. So I'll be comparing prices on Ebay and either have open auctions, or I may price some stuff with a fixed price, it just depends on demand/interest for said items. So at the moment, I can't really say how good or bad comic books are doing currently, as I'm just starting those myself, but if the TPB are anything to go by, some stuff will good, and some stuff bad.

Chris

It looks like I'll end up taking them to a charity shop as most are well used. As with most titles, it's always some inexplicable volume or edition number that fetches high prices, Sandman no exception it seems. Seems a shame but hey, I'll keep the Star Trek and Elfquest series.
[doublepost=1529084725,1529083725][/doublepost]Hey Chris, you don't have Elfquest (Marvel) #6 by any chance?

Yeah, I looked into selling my comics to fund my bike tour and I didn't have any worth the time to sell. They are cool to have, kinda, I have downloaded all the series I really like on CBR and read them through my tablet. Comics are like old games for me, if I didn't experience it as a child it doesn't really hold my interest so the comics I have CBR's of I own. I'll probably keep my comics stored away so I can say what I have on my tablet is just backups.

As for the physical space they take up comics don't hold much time in them. Like one novel would probably take the time to read as half my comics.

I got like 10 ct for each magazine. 10 guilders total. I kept a few. Superman v/s Mohammed Ali... a John Carter, a Red Sonja. Some classics like ShanChi master of KungFu (my dad's). Unfortunately, I also sold my Robbedoes & Kwabbernoot (Spirou) collection. But now I'm buying them again (new artists, not my style, but very good stories and lots of details). And I sold all my Donald Ducks (like, 1 meter high stacked) got 5 guilders for it. My sisters collected Suske & Wiske (Bob & Bobette) up until nr300 or so, missed only a handful of them. They also got rid of their collection.

all.jpg

I never liked Herge (tintin)... too racist.

Things I like:
7261.jpg
I like Thorgal a lot.

It looks like I'll end up taking them to a charity shop as most are well used. As with most titles, it's always some inexplicable volume or edition number that fetches high prices, Sandman no exception it seems. Seems a shame but hey, I'll keep the Star Trek and Elfquest series.
[doublepost=1529084725,1529083725][/doublepost]Hey Chris, you don't have Elfquest (Marvel) #6 by any chance?

Honestly, I have no clue. LOL

My friends shop closed in November of 2014, so any items released before then could be in the storage unit(his shop was packed from floor to ceiling at the time), but I have no way to tell until I open a box and list the contents. Right now I still only have a handful of actual comics on hand, as I haven't went to stock up yet, as I'm still selling stuff from the last few years. I have a pretty big home, but space is still limited, so I often have to sell what's here, before I make room for more. PM me, and I'll give you my Ebay seller ID, and then if you save it, you can be alerted when I list new stuff.

I do try to list new things as much as possible, but due to some current medical issues, I don't list as often as I would like. But I'm hoping to improve that over this summer, if I can.

Chris

@Jumpman Get well soon!

Thanks, I'm trying my best!

I've had some lifetime issues(I've always managed), that just in recent years have been getting worse, so I finally decided to seek some medical help. Well, to make a long story short, the Pyra 2.0 will probably be released by the time I get any form of would could be seen as "help" from one of these so called medical professionals. Thank God for legal Mary Jane here in Vegas, otherwise I probably would have thrown in the towel ages ago. LOL

Chris

Thanks @Eight Bit but I do have them as cbrs anyways and it was #5 not #6, another reason not to start collecting again: numbers, who needs 'em? Thank god for illegal MJ in the UK!

I collected almost all german LOBO comics and specials. The DC series ran very well end of the 90's/early 2000's here. Rumours say, LOBO was the only US Super-Hero comic that made profit in germany back then. We are not a typical US Superhero comic market, so this is actualy an surprising success for these kind of comics. European comics are more popular here of course like in most EU countries but I never was into Asterix & Co.
Have at least some east-german "MOSAIC" comics, including the very first "Abrafaxe" issue from the 70's. ^^

61MM7bgkX1L.jpg

I have bunch of DC/Marvel/other comics from the '80s and '90s I want to get rid of. There is load of 2000AD, Slaine, Neil Gaiman (Black Orchid, Sandman, Mr Hero), Fantastic Four, Avengers, Flash, Spiderman and oddball one offs etc. etc.

Are there any good online resources to value these? or they a hassle to sell these days? I've not been into comics for years and now I need to do middle aged things to my house so they need gone.

If anyone here has an interest I may put them in the trading thread.

Cheers.
Some sandman comics have value but the better condition, the higher value a comic has. I sold my collection two years ago. It took a few months but I did ok out of it.

How many avengers comics do you have etc?

I have some Manga, (Death Note, X1999, Hellsing, Angel Sanctuary) and I’m currently watching the Avengers Cartoon on Netflix..
And the Real Live Movies,
Saw today the first Captain America Movie, , It wasn’t bad, and I also remember some things there were also in the Carton series, but some diverence,

Bevor i watched the Cartoon Serie i though that Captain Amerika is a pretty Stupid Hero, way to patriotic, but if you know the background of the character, he is pretty cool..
next time I have to watch the Avengers Movie,

Oh and now I quite Enjoyed the Rick and Morty Series, even if this means I have less time for Breaking Bad .. ^^

Back