Any Morrowind fans here..?

Garrett

Advanced Member
It's my personal favourite of the series (yes incl Skyrim!) god knows how many hours I lost to it on the original Xbox.

Just thought I'd bring this incredible project:http:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FDQplcIAVk

to the attention of those that weren't already aware, I've just installed it & it's jaw-dropping (much better than the video) you need a reasonably beefy system to run all it's bells & whistles at a good frame rate but it's definitely worth picking up a copy of Morrowind (£6.49 GOTY on Steam) to experience it again or for the first time.

There's also an additional wip project: http://forums.bethso...ame-experience/ set to complement the visual upgrade which is looking indispensable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already bled nearly 200 hours into Oblivion and I just want it to stop. It's become a repetitive grind fest. What does Morrowind do that isn't in the others that makes it so much more appealing? I own a copy of Morrowind, bought on some sale, but I haven't played it yet and based on my experiences with Oblivion I find myself unlikely to even try.

I've already bled nearly 200 hours into Oblivion and I just want it to stop. It's become a repetitive grind fest. What does Morrowind do that isn't in the others that makes it so much more appealing? I own a copy of Morrowind, bought on some sale, but I haven't played it yet and based on my experiences with Oblivion I find myself unlikely to even try.

It doesn't DO anything particularly differently than the others & in many ways (if all you've played are it's successors) could be seen as archaic.

With that said it's all in the locations, lore, characters, quests & (dare I say it) story, all (for me at least) are much more evocative/interesting than the sequels, yes the visuals are showing their age & many aspects of the gameplay mechanics need a complete revamp (see above) but in my humble opinion the core game is still the series highlight for the reasons I've mentioned.

Besides who doesn't love the Silt Striders!

Besides who doesn't love the Silt Striders!

If only we had them in real life, it'd beat taking the bus/train to work. :)

Silt_Strider_by_mage_116.jpg

I think this is more true with Oblivion than Morrowind, at least i felt that way with oblivion gates, i.e. go to town, close gate (that looks just like the other gates), repeat....

Its not always like that with morrowind, while it has many dungeons that repeat themes like the oblivion gates your not forced to go in.

I think i liked morrowind over oblivion. Have not yet bought skyrim...

Anyone know why this thread has been moved to the other consoles section..?
I've asked that before. I'm pretty sure SONY consistently moves anything game related to Other Consoles. I don't think the rules for what is and is not an "other console" were officially laid out, so I can't blame him his interpretation.

I will say this, the number of mods available certainly suggests a much wider variety of... everything. Ignoring the all-gates-look-the-same thing of Oblivion, I could at least go for more than the 4 or 5 same Draemora over and over again. The GIANTS mod looks like it does something about that in Morrowind, and lots of other mods too.

I will say this, the number of mods available certainly suggests a much wider variety of... everything. Ignoring the all-gates-look-the-same thing of Oblivion, I could at least go for more than the 4 or 5 same Draemora over and over again. The GIANTS mod looks like it does something about that in Morrowind, and lots of other mods too.

I'm most probably extremely biased here, but it's a must play if you have even a passing interest in open world games.

If you haven't already experienced it though, my advice would be to wait until the game experience overhaul is complete & then install that and the MGSO 2.0.. happy days!

Morrowind is the only Game of the 3 newest Elder Scrolls games i got to work on my Notebook, it would usely run Oblivion as it runs GTA 4, but i think Oblivion dosnt work whit the Windows 7..., i ditnt bought Skyrim because im a bit carefull whit Bethesta Games as Oblivion dosnt work..,

Morrowind was my first Elder Scrolls Games, and it was realy awesome, i hope there will be a Port of Openmorrowind for the Pandora :)

Just another 100 hours or so and I should be done Oblivion, then I promise I will look into Morrowind.

I just completed Oblivion. Main quest, at any rate. I was quite underwhelmed at the after-game stuff. I am unimpressed with the reward.

I've no interest in diving into another hundreds-hour long game, I'm just going to try to knock some smaller games off my list first. Maybe I'll check out Minecraft again; I hear it has cats now. :p

I meant to say "at the moment". I'll get to it eventually, but I want to coast through some games in a few hours instead of hundreds for a while first :p

And then I made a joke about looking into Minecraft again, a game I've easily put 1000 hours into since it was released.

Back