Anyone Have A Gp2x Mk2 They Want To Trade?

Enkidu

Still Fresh
Hi all, I've been looking at getting the GP2x for awhile, but I held off before because of bug issues. Now that many of those issues have been fixed, and there is a new .pdf magazine being launched which I would like to be a part of, I am trying to acquire one of these interesting machines. However, there is a problem, which is I am broke.

This is where my PSP comes in. Its not a year old, has a 2 year extended warranty from futureshop, comes with a gig pro duo card, along with all the other value pack accesories, and also comes with the legend of heroes, and a logitech playgear pocket carrying case. I'm looking to trade this for a MK2 in similar working condition with at least a gig SD card. If anyone here is interested, either post here or email me please. Thanks for your time.

Enkidu posted on Aug 7 2006 at 08:46 AM said:
Hi all, I've been looking at getting the GP2x for awhile, but I held off before because of bug issues. Now that many of those issues have been fixed, and there is a new .pdf magazine being launched which I would like to be a part of, I am trying to acquire one of these interesting machines. However, there is a problem, which is I am broke.

This is where my PSP comes in. Its not a year old, has a 2 year extended warranty from futureshop, comes with a gig pro duo card, along with all the other value pack accesories, and also comes with the legend of heroes, anf a logitech playgear pocket carrying case. I'm looking to trade this for a MK2 in similar working condition with at least a gig SD card. If anyone here is interested, either post here or email me please. Thanks for your time.

Just for added information, these things will matter - what is your email address, where are you located in the world, and are you interested at all in MK1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, sorry.

I am located in Nova Scotia Canada, the firmware is 2.6 (meaning you'll have to use the GTA exploit to load homebrew) And I would prefer a Mk2.

I don't have any pictures of my bundle, however if interest is shown I will find a way to get some for whoever is interested.

My email is: Sock_ferret@hotmail.com

Enkidu posted on Aug 7 2006 at 09:01 AM said:
Ah, sorry.

I am located in Nova Scotia Canada, the firmware is 2.6 (meaning you'll have to use the GTA exploit to load homebrew) And I would prefer a Mk2.

I don't have any pictures of my bundle, however if interest is shown I will find a way to get some for whoever is interested.

My email is: Sock_ferret@hotmail.com
That's quite an interesting name there, do you know where you heard it? :huh:

Which, my email address, or my screen name?

My screen name is taken from Babylonian mythology, specifically the Epic of Gilgamesh.

My email address I've had since junior high, and was just a random selection so far as I can remember, its been awhile :)

Why do you ask?

Enkidu posted on Aug 7 2006 at 01:46 PM said:

This is where my PSP comes in. Its not a year old, has a 2 year extended warranty from futureshop, comes with a gig pro duo card, along with all the other value pack accesories, and also comes with the legend of heroes, and a logitech playgear pocket carrying case. I'm looking to trade this for a MK2 in similar working condition with at least a gig SD card. If anyone here is interested, either post here or email me please. Thanks for your time.

Why don't you just stick it on eBay, then buy a GP2x with the money from the sale?

This has already been suggested, however I am not fond of using ebay, and I also detest paypal and would prefer a direct trade, and thought maybe I could help someone out who wanted a PSP, while at the same time gaining something I want. Maybe I will turn to ebay if no interest is shown here.

Enkidu posted on Aug 7 2006 at 10:32 AM said:
This has already been suggested, however I am not fond of using ebay, and I also detest paypal and would prefer a direct trade, and thought maybe I could help someone out who wanted a PSP, while at the same time gaining something I want. Maybe I will turn to ebay if no interest is shown here.
Ironically I would probably have traded you my MK2 with 2GB SD, but I sold it on ebay :lol: :lol: :D .

Just because I would likely make an easy $50-100 off of the trade once I was done playing the PSP ;).

And because I have never had one at home to play and try out homebrew.

Yono posted on Aug 7 2006 at 07:05 PM said:
Before you decide to put it on ebay, you might want to use the downgrader and try to sell it on a homebrew forum where they'll pay a lot for no needed exploit.

Or not.
Hey, that is how I would make the extra $50-100 off of the trade :) .

(it really is too bad I sold it already)

Good luck with your trade / sale. How much would the local game shop give you in CDN for your PSP setup? One diff with the gp2x is that you can't waltz into a store to buy one used.

Not much I think, certainly not anywhere near the value I paid for everything. I'm not having much interest unfortunatly, so I may have to ebay it in september when I go back to school.

I was going to sell it to get funds for a wii, however since my bro bought me a used xbox for my b-day which I intend on soft modding, I'm contemplating getting a gp2x just to complete my homebrew linux setup ^_^ In any event, I hope I get a gp2x at SOME point...

Enkidu posted on Aug 9 2006 at 02:18 PM said:
Not much I think, certainly not anywhere near the value I paid for everything. I'm not having much interest unfortunatly, so I may have to ebay it in september when I go back to school.

I was going to sell it to get funds for a wii, however since my bro bought me a used xbox for my b-day which I intend on soft modding, I'm contemplating getting a gp2x just to complete my homebrew linux setup ^_^ In any event, I hope I get a gp2x at SOME point...

Ebay is fine...don't know why you're worried. My wife is a seasoned ebayer here in the UK, it started off as just a small hobby but is gradually "exploding", she's a power seller now with a shop inside a year. The trick is, make sure you take good photos....one good photo is worth 20 bad ones (make sure your psp is fingerprint free :lol: ). Also describe it properly, don't just put "a psp with a memory stick". Don't forget you're competing against others here for someones money, but that someone wants to know what they're getting for their cash so hype it up....if its got a scratch free screen tell them that, point out that it can be downgraded for homebrew (or even do it yourself). Most people who occasionally list on ebay make the mistake of the old "caps and no picture" auction....They can't be arsed to take a photo and type their 2 line description with the caps lock key firmly jammed down. It puts people off and their item goes for peanuts.

Don't forget as well, that just because you don't like PayPal doesn't mean others don't. If you don't accept PayPal it means you're cutting out a chunk of people who will only pay in this way because it feels more secure.

I've just realised...i've gone up to three dots!!!! wahey!

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind! I'm still not going to get paypal, as I use ebay so rarely that it isn't worth it, and I'm not overly fond of the service regardless.

Yoyo, no I am not interested in your Mk1, but thanks for offering!

i dont see why everyone bitches about paypal. yeah i have had problems in the past. but its a lot easier then sitting waiting for a cheque to be delivered, waiting for it to cash and THEN posting it.

I'm not sure what your post has to do with this thread, please make your own thread about defending paypal if you must.

Back