Anyone Here Ordered From Gp32z Recently?

dgnadt

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I ordered a GP2X on 11/28 from GP32z. I got an e-mail on 12/20 stating that my unit had shipped. I used the option to track my GP2X this morning and got this:

"The tracking information for this item was received by the US Postal Service at 6:00 PM on 12/20/2005, but the item has not yet been scanned in the mailstream. Please check back later."

I also get this message when using the second tracking option:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on December 20, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

If anyone else has gotten their e-mail that their GP2X has shipped recently can you check to see if you get the same message on your tracking?

I'm concerned that either 1. The USPS has lost my unit or 2. That it's not yet been picked up from GP32z yet. The later would definately be prefered to the former. Don't get me wrong, this is not a complaint against GP32z. I'm just trying to see if anyone else has run into this.

Dgnadt

I ordered from them on 9 Dec paid via paypal. They said they would ship as "soon as we review your payment".

I emailed them on 16 Dec to inquire as to the status. They replied the same day asking if I wanted the new firmware on it. I replied, to just ship it out.

On 21 Dec, I inquired as to the status of the order. Minutes later, they replied that they "missed my email and will ship on 22 Dec.

I am ready to be quite upset if they don't come through. Santa is counting on them. Anyone with kids knows what I'm talking about.

Regards to all.

dgnadt,
take the tracking number and copy it. Enter it directly into the usps website. Its seems the site they use for notification does not get updated. I received mine in the mail, and the notification site still said info was unavailable.

Can anyone identify what their 'tracking' number was like from gp32z? I tried mine on the website and it said that I could not use that number and David from gp32z called it a confirmation number.

It's only a delivery confirmation number, it doesn't actually track your shipment as it goes from post office to post office. It's just so he can confirm that it actually got to where it was supposed to go...

Your GP2X will show up in due time, have some patience for goodness sake...

For those of you used to tracking such as UPS, Fedex, And DHL, Don't Expect the same from USPS.

It Appears as though USPS does not beleive in telling you "where" the package is at a given moment, but only tell you "hey, i got it - you'll get it when you get it" - at which point they confirmed that you signed for it, thereby making thier whole tracking system completely and utterly Shit.

Keep in mind that it's 3 days until Christmas. I am sure the post office is utterly swamped right now and updating the website is low priority compared to getting the packages out.

The delivery confirmation will not track down your package, it will just let you know if it has been delivered or not. Most of the time the confirmation number will be updated after you received the package.

grahf posted on Dec 22 2005 at 03:28 PM said:
dgnadt,
take the tracking number and copy it. Enter it directly into the usps website. Its seems the site they use for notification does not get updated. I received mine in the mail, and the notification site still said info was unavailable.

Thats what I did and I got this message from the USPS site:

"The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on December 20, 2005 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back