Anyone Here Willing

Would any coders on this forum, not busy in a project of their own, be up to developing game along s

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

ninjamonkey

Still Fresh
OK so I recently pitched an idea to the people of the goldeneye source DEV Team. I asked them if they would up to port of their mod goldenye source on the pandora. Although one member of the team said no to that idea, because the source engine can't run on the pandora. I came with another idea to that extent. Right now they are having trouble with their game, because valve has been releasing patches for their orange box sdk; which is ruining/destorying their game servers (goldeneye source game servers). So they plan to wait until valve addresses this issue. I pitched them a new idea today. I asked the one member who replied to see if anyone from their team (including the person who replied) would be up for using the kurok engine and making an goldeneye game for the pandora. So I am wondering if any coders here,who are not already involved in an project of their own, would be up for making this happen if that member (killermonkey) and a few members of the dev team over at goldeneye source community comply to my idea.

Heres the first message from killer monkey:

Unforunately, unless you can get the source engine onto that ultra portable its a moot point. We don't have time to recode the entire game for another engine, let alone the art side. Thanks for your interest though!

Hope you are enjoying the game

Last edited by a moderator:
ninjamonkey said:
Unforunately, unless you can get the source engine onto that ultra portable its a moot point. We don't have time to recode the entire game for another engine, let alone the art side. Thanks for your interest though!

Hope you are enjoying the game

This should be a hint, unfortunately. Trying to sell them on doing this is going to be rough, even IF you found a team that could actually pull it together. The bold and italicized portion of that quote is actually his polite way of saying "no" to you.

No. Stop asking us if we'll develop your half-baked concepts. You are not an 'organizer.' You don't seem to understand the first thing about game design or programming; as far as I can tell, nearly every topic you've posted here is a request for an idle developer team to get together and produce a game or port you've seen or have a vague concept of, and I don't believe anyone's interested.

The source engine is proprietary and will probably never run on anything but modern mainstream gaming consoles and PCs; the developers of a _mod_ of a closed-source commercial game using Source are the last people to ask to port this. Also, I like Perfect Dark more than Goldeneye.

tl;dr: No.

Alternately: lol wut?

There is allready a FPS project on the way on this forum, tincs. i don't think you'll get a complete team of coders and texture and modelling artists ready just by asking here.

Maybe if an existing engine is ported, a team will step up to make a goldeneye graphics/gameplay mod for it. but that's almost just as likely as a N64 emulator right now ;)

edit: grammar, and another edit for the freakin corrections after editing. is anyone even looking into this??

This isn't very useful as a poll, it should just be, "Reply if you want to help with this crazy-ass idea I've had"

funny. Come on guys, it's kinda cute, a 15 year old boy asking to grown up if they can make a game for him...
The poll is useless, and the title "anyone willing to help" should be changed. Asking for help would mean you actually do something yourself. But you don't.

I don't want to see (more (tincs is nice)) FPS games on the Pandora. FPS games require for me a mouse and keyboard and is IMHO unplayable with analog thumbpads. What I like too see is a hockey game or any sports game :p

'r00tw00t' said:
FPS games require for me a mouse and keyboard and is IMHO unplayable with analog thumbpads. What I like too see is a hockey game or any sports game :p

News flash: Pandora has a keyboard. :p WASD + mouse, no longer confined to the desktop. Bring it.

'r00tw00t' said:
I don't want to see (more (tincs is nice)) FPS games on the Pandora. FPS games require for me a mouse and keyboard and is IMHO unplayable with analog thumbpads. What I like too see is a hockey game or any sports game :p
I'd like to see you argue that against the thousands of Halo 3 players. I really would.

You guys are all so mean. So he's either a young kid who thinks magic stuff will just happen if he asks random people on the net or he's a hopelessly deluded adult. Either way, just answer the question without being a meanie bum.

To answer the question, I would agree with Markoez that if an existing FPS is being coded, best to mod that into what you want...

What is this FPS anyway? Why code something from scratch - couldn't the Cube engine be ported to Pandy? OR is writing one from scratch easier than porting?

I suggest a zombie game thoug...zombies zombies zombies!!

'Gruso' said:
'r00tw00t' said:
FPS games require for me a mouse and keyboard and is IMHO unplayable with analog thumbpads. What I like too see is a hockey game or any sports game :p

News flash: Pandora has a keyboard. :p WASD + mouse, no longer confined to the desktop. Bring it.
News Flash: If you look like the guy in your picture, your fingers might be long and thin enough to use the keyboard to play fps. Otherwise, if you're a normal human being, it might be a bit tricky!
:)

I'd like to see you argue that against the thousands of Halo 3 players. I really would.

As a "semi-elite" for eight-nine years in the Counter-Strike (and before that Quake 1) scene I probably could.
Sure, FPS games can be playable but it's not my cup of tea with a gamepad. Don't get me wrong I want some FPS games on the Pandora but I just can't see myself play them very much.

Consequence9 said:
why the hell is this a poll?
More importantly, why are people encouraging this behavior by voting "yes"?

Actually not of your scenarios are the case. I never said I was 15; Im actually older. And the thing is I come up with ideas, but have no way to implement them. That the true scenario, if you think otherwise that your opinion.

If you actually think that what I post about, I'm doing it because that what I hope to see on the pandora. Plus, there isnt a need to be jerks about them. You could just like no. You guys may have said that in the past. Thing is no one takes the idea into account even though it maybe bad in your minds. alright?

edit: miner46er neither of your scenarios about me are right.

Back