Anyone Making A Compatibility List For Pcsx Wiz ?

emjay

Still Fresh
So is there anyone making a compatibility list for PCSX Wiz ? I'm quite suprised that there isn't one already started even though the emulator has only been out for a day. I haven't really got the time or SD card space to test multiple games etc. so I hope everyone can contribute to the best settings for working games.
I have tried the following 3 quickly :-

Abe's Oddysey (enabled Abe fix) : Runs OK at 533mhz (May need slightly faster), enabled Frame Limiter.
Abe kept getting stuck on trap doors/lifts, have to jump to move further.
Chanting slowed the game down.

Pandemonium : Couldn't get it to work.

Kula World : Tried at 800mhz, still seemed a bit too slow but playable.

If anyone has better settings to get these games running quicker it would be appreciated. Please post your findings for other games. Thanks.

I'm thinking about it. My wiz doesn't have much more life left to live, but the pixels are so spread apart it's still somewhat possible to use and read the screen. I've been waiting for this emulator since I got my wiz, so I'll definitely be giving some games a try, even if I can't play them.

Here are the games I've tried so far. Unfortunately none of them have run particularly well, if at all. All games are tested at 830mhz which is usually stable on my Wiz.

Final Fantasy VII (NTSC-U) - Runs slow using BIOS and using HLE the game seemed to freeze at the first battle.

Resident Evil: The Director's Cut (PAL) - Shows the warning screen about the game containing gore and then just a blank screen.

Policenauts (NTSC-J) - Intro runs fine but game freezes when you select new game from the menu.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (NTSC-U) - too slow using both HLE and bios.

Wipeout 2097 (PAL) - too slow using both HLE and BIOS.

Spyro The Dragon:Fullspeed
Configuration:
Wiz Clock:830Mhz
Ram Tweak:On
Frame-Limit:Off
Frame-Skip:0
Interlance:Off
Sound:On(XA+CD-Audio)
Cpu Clock:100%
Cpu Bias:8
Cpu Cora:HLE
Cpu Type:Auto

Castlevania SOTN: What are the best configurations? I really want to play this game on Wiz.

I don't understand it. I watched a youtube video some days ago and it seemed to be perfect.
Here the graphics and sound crawls even with frame skip.

Ok,. 800Mhz (my Wiz can't take any more. Sometimes it might freeze even with 750)
Ram Tweaks: ON
Frame Skip: I tried 1/2 video and 1/2 game (what is the difference?)
Frame limit: OFF
Sound ON XA+CD
CPU clock: 100% (I tried to reduce it)

CPU Bias: Now what's this? Originally it was 4, I tried 8 and maybe I noticed a slight improvement. What is the meaning of this option?
CPU Core: HLE-Secure. I heard HLE would not work with this game (I just tried, I saw slight improvement, still not enough and then.... freeze. Is the video on youtube recorded with HLE before it freezes for him?)

So, have anyone succeded playing this game at a good playable speed?

Well after looking through the so-called compatibility list, it doesn't look as good as everyone thought. Hardly anything works and anything that does has to be overclocked to the hilt. Hopefully they release this OpenGL update they were talking about for faster/better compatibility.

emjay said:
Well after looking through the so-called compatibility list, it doesn't look as good as everyone thought. Hardly anything works and anything that does has to be overclocked to the hilt. Hopefully they release this OpenGL update they were talking about for faster/better compatibility.
I hope so. It'll be great.

I tested Tomb Raider 1. The full version wouldn't go past the opening FMV, and crashed. The emulator didn't hang though. A ripped version of the same game went to the menu, but didn't go ingame or to the tutorial level. I tried pretty much every CPU setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back