Anyone still on here?

Did you frequent the forums before?:)
I never had a caanoo. Pandora and gcw zero for a bit. Well its the pyra im after now.

I never was super active on the forums, I posted a couple times but for the most part I was more of a forum stalker. The Cannoo was awesome when I got it. The first real time I could use roms reliably. How was the gcw? I never got one. Super excited for the Pyra. Any plans for how you'll use the Pyra?

I have a Caanoo and I loved it. Only get it out once in a blue moon these days, although now you reminded me about it... The Pyra has me similarly excited. There aren't many handhelds that have done that.

Relatively rarely, I must say; the screen is brighter at the top than on the buttom. Throughout February/March I was playing much GBC with it (mostly DukeNukem), but only every now and then now. Before I played a lot through the LucasArt games on it :)
What happens little by little is the rubber joystick is slowly starting to crumble on its top, there is a microscopic yet needle-pin thick hole in the top by now. Still works fine apart from that but on the whole, I´ve been using the Wiz more and longer ;) (for the "Cloud" game recently, and Doom)

I never was super active on the forums, I posted a couple times but for the most part I was more of a forum stalker. The Cannoo was awesome when I got it. The first real time I could use roms reliably. How was the gcw? I never got one. Super excited for the Pyra. Any plans for how you'll use the Pyra?
Gcw zero was pretty nice. I sold 20 of them as a reseller. I mucked about with one which I later gave to my niece. Dunno how advanced the software ever became though.

Pyra. Yes. Dreamcast emulation. Psp. Net surfing. And more im sure. 10 gaming buttons + two clickable nubs, yes please.

I have mine around and use it every week or so to test my work in progress games. The battery is holding up well after 5 years. I wonder how many Caanoos were sold?

I use my caanoo very often, im still trying to complete some missing Games.. Im programming for it from Time to Time and try to make my caanoo looks like a commercial product :). I cant tell how many days i spended on my Caanoo :p. But it looks totaly fantastic :-D

I would still use my Caanoo but I broke the analog stick years ago.

I never had a Caanoo myself. I went straight from my GP2X F100 MK2 to the Pandora and that fulfilled my needs so I didn't see the need in me getting one. As for my GP2X I sold it to one of my friends a few years back, I'm feeling a bit nostalgic now so I may have to steal it back. :D

I'll probably be browsing these forums for the next for days/weeks/months. Got a GP2X (f200) a few weeks ago, fell in love with it, and am now (impatiently) waiting for my Caanoo.
Sure, i have a smartphone and other handheld emulators (eg: JXD s5800; NDS w/ flashcard) that are newer, with better screens and are much more powerful, but.... i don't know. There's just something about the GP2X.

Sounds like you're a handheld collector, too. The Caanoo seems like a great OPEN device. Never owned one, but I just might pick one up. I had already bought GameBoys/PSPs and various handhelds waaay before I had even heard of linux-based options. I'm wiser now. I hold out for the good OPEN stuff. Pandora......Pyra.
[doublepost=1483077189,1483076570][/doublepost]I just want it to be known that I hacked my PSP's with a "pandora" (irony) battery device that allowed me to get it into service mode, so that I could upload homebrew software and load games. The "hacker community" helped to make the PSP a more useful device than it was ever intended. It was "open" to me, so I didn't need to buy another handheld for awhile.

Congrats, PeterNoTail :) you will love it.
Personal Caanoo favorites are the touchscreen adventure games of Lucas Arts (ScummVM), and fighters.
GP2X favorites are Quake and the Quake-fanmade modes. Check out the filearchive :)

i do love the Caanoo; it's a very handsome, sleek device.
Not sure about that stick though. i would've preferred a clicky-stick like the neogeo pocket color has (handheld collector here), and it also doesn't seem very durable. Time will tell, i guess. (Are the sticks easy to replace?)

i can get to gaming faster on the Caanoo than on the GP2X (both running the latest fw), which should be all that matters, and it definitely has a much nicer, cleaner interface.. but i think i like my GP2X F200better? Well, maybe not "better", but "just as much as". They're both just great little handhelds. (And now i really want a Wiz and an F100 too:D)

Wiz is my favorite right after Pandora. Spent a while last night checking out mods on Beats of rage (and ended on playing BOR on Pandora for hours, hacking and slashing as Homer S. ;) :D ).
Regarding the Caanoo stick, mine works stil fine after 5 years (year of manufacturing 2011, it´s the one Klumpen sold to me). My Caanoo has a late screen, which is slightly brighter on the top than on the buttom, like the Dingoo back in the day, which is fine but indeed slightly inferior to the GP2XF100. But now the stick has a needle-like hole on top of its rubber. Still better control than my GP2X100-joystick IMO.
Next week I´ll travel 10+ hours to and from Frankfurt on trains so I will bring along the full battery :)

Back