Anyone Try Out Mtpaint?

Azuma

So when I first heard about the Pandora I instantly ruled out actually drawing on the device. I tried it on the DS and I don't remember it going well. mtPaint got released recently so I decided to at least try it out. It could at least be worth a laugh after all. 20 minutes later...

konata2.th.png

It actually turned out pretty well! If you guys have any pandora artwork feel free to post it, I'd love to see it.

Edit: To be very honest I'm not the show off type. Putting that first picture up there even felt weird to me. Whenever I do something like that I always feel like it gives off the "I'm better than you at something! Look at my superiority!!!!!" vibe, but I was drawing on this recently after I had become more used to mtPaint and after I put the two drawings side by side I just couldn't let the original stay up there. The last one seemed like "Oh, that's cool for being drawn on a pandora". But with the most recent one I can say the pandora let me use all of the small amount of drawing ability I have without me feeling like the touchscreen limited my drawing capability. So, I have to reiterate that the Pandora has an amazing touchscreen that went way past my expectations. Sorry if I do give off "that" vibe BTW.

And I'm glad a few people did post some art, They're cool! I thought this thread was just going to die really quickly.

there was a thread about this a while back, and one guy was posting using some pandora painting software I wrote.

would you be interested in testing out my software and possibly helping me make improvements? It has touch sensitivity builtin to the software but I've no idea how to get pressure data. if a dev will tell me how to interface with the touchscreen correctly I can add that in easily. Since I don't have a pandora I can't get it working without someone's help.

rabidpoobear said:
there was a thread about this a while back, and one guy was posting using some pandora painting software I wrote.

would you be interested in testing out my software and possibly helping me make improvements? It has touch sensitivity builtin to the software but I've no idea how to get pressure data. if a dev will tell me how to interface with the touchscreen correctly I can add that in easily. Since I don't have a pandora I can't get it working without someone's help.

I do remember "someguy99" claiming to have drawn the first picture from a pandora.

rabid poo, i'd be happy to help however I can, although i'm no artist or dev. then again, maybe I can beat someguy99 and create the first animation from a pandora :D

on an unrelated note: it is really getting quiet around here. Sony, wherever you are, come back and make some noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could certainly help on the testing end, but I couldn't with the dev stuff. I'm about as much of a "casual Pandora user" as you can possibly be. It also might be more beneficial to start a thread in the beta section and have a bunch of people test it instead of just me or a few people you choose. Although, if you don't want to make it public like that I understand. Regardless of what way you go, I'll help test it if that's what you need.

I don't really mind making a beta release but I'd like for it to at least have a base set of features that I intended for it. I could add pressure sensitivity in probably 30 mins if I had a pandora in front of me, and I thought I'd have one a long-ass time ago and it still looks like I won't have one for a long time yet. So I'm not really sure how to proceed. I'm considering just throwing the code away.

A friend of mine made this on my pandora with mtpaint :)

symryb.png

^ :lol:
Inspired by Ren and Stimpy?

edit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLNlhZJJU-E

Bosbeetle said:
*classic picture*
Wow! I just set that as my background. Tell your friend to make more. MOAR!1

Not to derail this thread cause I'd like to use the touchscreen to doodle when my Pandora arrives, but I noticed mention of animation. I was wondering if any doodle to animation options are available for porting as while I cannot really draw well, I found I was able to make a cute/funny animation (of a little hooded sorcerer who shoots energy bolts to the sky, but they eventually hit him like lightening bolts, he says "ooops" then crumbles to dust) on my son's DSI XL using Flipnote studio. With the capability of say more colors available etc. I could find many hours of fun just in attempting more animations and hopefully improving my drawing ability.

I thank all those who will be working on these drawing programs for when my Panda arrives, but I also hope some animation tools as easy to use as Flipnote Studio are possible. I only mention this cause I am not a native Linux user and would have no idea what options others have likely used.

RapidPoo, I wish you the best of luck with your app and can't wait to try it, so thanks in advance.

Azuma, great job with your doodle, I am not that good at all.
Bosbettle your friends pic is very funny too.

Mofokubik said:
Bosbeetle said:
*classic picture*
Wow! I just set that as my background. Tell your friend to make more. MOAR!1

hey thats my backround ;)

my friend makes loads of those he has a great nose for the absurd, he is thinking about buying a pandora.

Bosbeetle said:
my friend makes loads of those he has a great nose for the absurd, he is thinking about buying a pandora.
Confirmed: Pandora smells absurd.

Mofokubik said:
I do remember "someguy99" claiming to have drawn the first picture from a pandora.

rabid poo, i'd be happy to help however I can, although i'm no artist or dev. then again, maybe I can beat someguy99 and create the first animation from a pandora :D

That's right.

You best get on and make that animation before my replacement arrives then ;)

I just did a little doodle with my Pandora. It's probably what you'd expect from me. :p

Rock.png

I think I can sew better than I can draw, and drawing on this screen is tricky. :lol:

Back