Anyone working on a MMORPG (or port)???

Da Dude

Hi,

Is anyone working on a MMORPG or making a port of a free-2-play mmorpg???

Would be great to have on cool pandora mmorpg

Thanx

I keep holding out hope that someone could attempt a static recompile of the X86 Linux version of Neverwinter Nights.

It probably wouldn't work/play - but if it got even 2-3fps I'd be overjoyed.

Not an MMORPG, but it -is- a MORPG (up to 64 players per server).

I keep holding out hope that someone could attempt a static recompile of the X86 Linux version of Neverwinter Nights.
It looks like someone has been reimplementing the engine in open source with some success. You'd probably have more luck helping this guy get the new engine finished than recompliling the x86 version.

I looked into that. What he has so far is essentially a fly-through capability for modules. Since he's building it from 0/scratch - it's a long long long ways out.

Since there is already a native Linux (X86) version of the game, it launches from the command line and is flexible on screen resolutions, and would be useful even if the performance is horrid - I'm still holding out hope.

Might be a suitable candidate for Qemu testing. As I recall, qemu has some kind of user space passthrough, only emulating instructions that need to be done and passing through system and library calls to the host as much as possible. Don't know how that plays into what mcobit is currently working on though.

Might be a suitable candidate for Qemu testing. As I recall, qemu has some kind of user space passthrough, only emulating instructions that need to be done and passing through system and library calls to the host as much as possible. Don't know how that plays into what mcobit is currently working on though.

I started looking into that and then became flumoxed by the documentation. There is plenty for 'full X86 client on X86 host OS emulation' but it's very sparse when trying to figure out X86 program (not a whole OS) on an ARM CPU. If anyone has a link to decent documentation on this - I'd be willing to give it another go.

Usermode emulation for arm seems to be broken in our and newer qemu releases unfortunately. It worked for 0.9 and there are videos of someone playing around with it on the n900, but he had a hard time getting anything else than notepad running...

mcobit, this looks very interesting:

Edit: this is the epic forum post on the n900 experiment: http://talk.maemo.or...ead.php?t=43480

The limitation is that qemu does not support NPTL which is used in later versions of wine.

Hmmm... I'm not wanting to run an X86 Windows application on a Linux ARM device. I'm wanting to run an X86 Linux application on a Linux ARM device. In theory it should be less complicated?

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't make a big difference, as the whole cpu needs to emulated, too. So no less workload, maybe less ram usage.

Does anyone have an example of an Linux X86 program running on a Pandora via qemu?

Not Windows, not DOS, but a Linux X86 program running on Linux on ARM OS?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back