App suggestion: Foliate

I “built” it from source on my pyra in a few seconds. It’s all WebKit based so there’s not much that needs to happen other than install a couple of dependencies.

foliate.png

Hmm, what's up with that line layout? The screenshots in that OMG Ubuntu article linked from the link in the OP doesn't have those issues, so maybe it's a horizontal resolution issue. I'm not very familiar with the epub format, so I'm not sure if that's at fault.

Something that I found helpful on my e-reader was to eliminate all margins. No point in having screen real estate gobbled up by empty space.

Side-by-side text on a 6" screen is going to be -really- tiny. In this Pyra as e-reader use case, maybe it would be better to flip the Pyra screen to portrait mode, hold it like a book, then use the keyboard controls for page turns?

Great work though! I'm looking forward to all these great applications getting tuned to the Pyra!

I've been using it on a GPD MicroPC and it looks fine with the text side-by-side like that. I don't know what's wrong with ToastBucket's version there.
Post automatically merged:

Also, ToastBucket, how is i3 working with Pyra? I plan to use that desktop environment too.

Played with the settings a bit and got it looking better. 100% zoom, 10pt sans serif, 1.2 spacing.
foliate.png

i3 runs really well. Im sure once the preorders start rolling out people will start making nice configs for it, at the moment mine is just ok. But it definitely runs extremely well. Seems much faster and responsive than mate.

Back