Apple: Steve Jobs and the greatest company ever created

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
Love Apple or hate them! But you can't ignore the fact they are the most successful company ever to grace Earth.

You only have to look at today's mobile technology and realize that Apple was the one responsible for most of the technical advances. They paved the way for the finger touch generation (capacitive touch). All in all, they take an idea and make it better.

Not the most innovative company, but they sure have an amazing R&D team.

Below is short, but good read.

Macintosh - which was launched in 1984 - proved to be really successful. The machine was powered by a Motorola 68000 processor, sported a 9-inch black and white display (512 x 342 pixel resolution), and came with 128KB RAM, and a floppy drive. Priced at at $2,495, the computer ran System Software 1.0.
A brief look at the history of Apple

young-and-old-steve-jobs.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hate Apple for a simple reason, iOS. But, for some reason, I love Steve Jobs.

You only have to look at today's mobile technology and realize that Apple was the one responsible for most of the technical advances. They paved the way for the finger touch generation (capacitive touch). All in all, they take an idea and make it better.
Ok you did start this sentence wrong.. at least you did almost end it right :D

They stole ideas and made them somehow.. I struggle to say better... lets say useable to people who want it that way..

I don´t have the time to say everything I want to, but be sure when I die and go to hell, I will gladly talk with Steve about what he did wrong. We will have the time :D

Love Apple or hate them! But you can't ignore the fact they are the most successful company ever to grace Earth
You would think you would have said Sony was ;-)

Apple would not be the greatest ever in my mind. Before the iphone they were a niche brand bought but diehards.

The only time I ever used an apple product was in school.

I think your statement is only based on recent history with their success of the iphone, before that they were meh.

What about Ford and the creation of the assembly line which allowed Ford to sell their vehicles at a significant price reduction? This brought automobiles to the masses.

As for tech companies what about GE, IBM, Microsoft, Google, Intel?

I think there are other very successful companies that arnt in spotlight, take Comcast for example.

I would also consider companies / hospitals that have contributed to a massive life expectancy increase in the last 100 years.

The only apple product I like is the apple ][, and that is because of the software, which is not by apple.

IIRC, apple would be no more as during the 90s if it wasn´t for Gates buying half and a bit of it.

Damn, he should have bought Commodore instead.

I grew up with Apple, and my Apple II was technically my first gaming system. My dad had one before he bought one for me and my sister, and while his intention was for education purposes, all I ever did was play games. I really loved that machine. A few years after that, other computers hit the market, along with dedicated gaming machines, and I lost touch with the Apple of old.

My dad did get a Macintosh at some point, but it wasn't really to "game" friendly, so I never used it much. Every few years, I would see their new efforts in the market, but I have to agree, they where very niche until the iPod came along, and then that propelled them to the iPhone, and the rest is history.

Sadly, I got swept up years ago, and bought an iPod touch so I could enjoy some IOS gaming, but that was the worst experience Ever! Unless everything you own is "Apple", your going to have issues, and I spent more time trying to fix problems, than enjoying the device.

Personally, I don't understand the Hype, as Apple really does nothing special in my opinion, but to each his own I suppose. It's almost like a "cult", but I refuse to drink the Kool-Aid :p Steve Jobs was an interesting character I suppose, and like any interesting person from history, I'm always intrigued by the story behind the man/woman, so books and movies can be of interest, but as for the products themselves, my last enjoyable Apple product was probably about 35+ years ago.

Chris

I hate Steve Jobs.  Love Woz, though.
I heard a rumor that Wozniak was the founder of brilliant ideas. Steve Jobs only turned them into money. Not sure, though ;)

At work I decided to choose a 15" Mac Book Pro as my laptop refresh from the near 6 year old Lenovo. My last experience with Apple was with Apple IIE and IIGS in Junior high school so it was a big jump from my normal, but figured it wouldn't be too bad.  I decided to do this mostly because of the hardware specs vs the Toshiba laptop that was being offered as that still only had a conventional hard drive. It's not a bad computer, but there are many things that are frustrating.  Most of my job is done by remotely connecting to UNIX and Linux systems, the keyboard drives me nuts as it's missing the insert key and many of these UNIX programs I deal with use insert key in some manner. On my external keyboard (Model M) it's not as bad, seeing how the delete and backspace work as intended, I set it so that the Caps lock key is the Command button, however the insert key still doesn't work and I haven't found an all in one workaround.

Personally I'm just glad I didn't have to pay a dime for this $2200 laptop as I find it infuriating to work with at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
i love their os iterations up to 10.6 and hate them for everything that came after that.

hardwarewise their quality of concept and production of the final product is top notch (which doesnt neccessarily mean their systems are the best overall).

i use a 2009 macbook and i literally never had any issues with it. i used many other non apple systems before and in comparison they all sucked balls, big time.

I hate Apple with fervor since the early days for many reasons:

- The rich guys/kids positioning of the brand, ie. you pay much more than what it's worth

- The overpriced peripherals, only made for the Mac. Since the early days till now it's the same story

- The religious fervor of the Apple fanboys. The mass of ignorants who think Jobs has invented everything and that the guy is a genius. 

- Every Mac product looks the same way. Oh wait, just like in their 1984 advertising. No personality at all. 

- It's not allowed to criticize Apple. Seriously, it's the equivalent of a 1984 thought crime. 

The Amiga was the real answer to Apple: 

- friendly

- approachable

- smart and powerful

- innovative

- not pretentious

Apple is everything I don't like about people in real life. So Fuck you big time, Apple.

Well expect for the Ipods, im also not realy a friend of Apple,

But the Ipods i have and had where all realy cool,

Ipod Nano 2, Nano 6 (the little Clip) Nano 7, and now the Touch 5g (IOS8, 40 Hour Musik Playback, works also great whit Garrageband and an adapter to connekt it whit the E-Guitar)..

I had also MP3 Players from other Companys, like Creative, Sony, Samsung, but no one works that great like the Ipods..

And yes, the young steve jobs, looks exacly like craigix..

This board makes me so sad these days... I really thought the Hey Siri thread couldn't be topped, but never underestimate Sony... Never thought I could wish some keyboard threads back.

Apple is shit. I even have arguments, but this is so senseless...

this is obviously about taste. how can educated ppl waste their time with waging arguments about taste?

someone said they like a certain brand. if you dont: respect their point of view and be done with it. if you need to offend ppl for no reason, you can as well just go fuck yourself.

this is obviously about taste. how can educated ppl waste their time with waging arguments about taste?

someone said they like a certain brand. if you dont: respect their point of view and be done with it. if you need to offend ppl for no reason, you can as well just go fuck yourself.
  :D

I never offended anyone... ok maybe Steve (the Devil) Jobs :D  

As to your request to masturbate, I will do that later at home, not here at my work :D

Ok enough fun, I dislike Apple, I even said to my daughter that I would undaughter her if she would accept the iPhone her aunt wanted to give her.

That sad, I have no problem with other people, preferably a certain distance away, using Apple stuff. What I do HATE is their smugness (there is 

a nice South Park episode about Hybrid cars.. iPhone would fit as well) and their total belief in what Apple did was new and invented by Apple.

I almost went berserk when a Radio Station here in Germany announced that 2012 when the iPhone had 5th anniversary, that was also the 5th

anniversary of the "Smartphone"... Then Steve Jobs, who is like an guru to those believers, was almost declared a saint when he died. He did invent

so much.. blablabla... He did invent for example the packaging of the iPod... Hey the world could really not go on without that invention..

But to be clear, I don´t dislike SONY or anyone who uses an iPhone, but its to me the same as with all the other religions and religion replacements.

As long as you don´t try do evangelize me, it´s live and let live to me. But if you write here that Apple is the greatest company and 

realize that Apple was the one responsible for most of the technical advances
then I will answer :D So sorry if you don´t like my answer :D

Back